Premed 101 Forums

criminal record check?

Rene_90

Guest Wildboyz
Thats what i taught as well and what i am hoping for because in all honesty what 18 year old didn't have a few drinks during there O-Week? I mean yes I was stupid enough to get caught but something like that in my opinion should not affect me later on.

You drank during O-Week and you're under-age? LOL. Talk about stupid.

• 9 months later...

Under the Criminal Records Review Act, anyone who works with children or who has unsupervised access to children must submit to a Criminal Record Check. The act helps protect children from individuals whose criminal record indicates they pose a risk of physical or sexual abuse.

Thats what i taught as well and what i am hoping for because in all honesty what 18 year old didn't have a few drinks during there O-Week? I mean yes I was stupid enough to get caught but something like that in my opinion should not affect me later on.

Order yourself a police check. I have to do it often for work; it's easy. Then, you'll know for sure.

Order yourself a police check. I have to do it often for work; it's easy. Then, you'll know for sure.

Soundest advice here. Go to your regional police, ask for a records check that includes "vulnerable sector" because that's what most hospitals and med schools would probably use. Then tell us the answer!

Soundest advice here. Go to your regional police, ask for a records check that includes "vulnerable sector" because that's what most hospitals and med schools would probably use. Then tell us the answer!

Absolutely - none of this is hidden, you can always find out.

A regular check can be ordered, but a "vulnerable sector screening" criminal check requires an organization registered with the police department to authorize it before it is done. That's why getting a med school police check is a huge hassle... that said, you would probably be ok as far as the underage drinking charge goes.

A regular check can be ordered, but a "vulnerable sector screening" criminal check requires an organization registered with the police department to authorize it before it is done. That's why getting a med school police check is a huge hassle... that said, you would probably be ok as far as the underage drinking charge goes.

Makes sense - although (correct me if I am wrong here) there is nothing on a vulnerable sector screening test over a standard test that you wouldn't be obviously aware of. The same stuff that people seem to ask about wouldn't be hidden on a standard one (traffic violations, fines, the OP concern etc are then main ones that have popped up in the past).

I have to get one done next week; I'll ask and let y'all know. I might get some funny looks when I start asking them strange questions ;)

Here's what a link about it:

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/Services/Records/CriminalRecordsSearch.htm

If you volunteer/ work for some human services agency (i.e., CAS) you can get one of these done no problem.

Archived