Premed 101 Forums

Any recent activities from UBC front?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, so I am working nightshift tonight (monday) and I have no idea how I am going to get to bed in the morning (apparently emails go out at noon). I would usually just stay awake, but I don't want to be a zombie for work tomorrow night.

I really haven't felt nervous about this whole process until reading this stupid thread with everyone else voicing there nervousness as well.

Yeah, so I am working nightshift tonight (monday) and I have no idea how I am going to get to bed in the morning (apparently emails go out at noon). I would usually just stay awake, but I don't want to be a zombie for work tomorrow night.

I really haven't felt nervous about this whole process until reading this stupid thread with everyone else voicing there nervousness as well.

their, not there... i had to say it... :)

what did we say about not posting!!!

but anyways

will the evaluation results be revealed too or just the invitations for the interview

(i.e. would people who did not get an interview also get any mail?)

I assume you mean the evaluation results for each individual, in which case no, you ONLY recieve feedback if you DON'T get an interview invitation. And yes, from what I remember last year, the emails for both rejections and interviews went out at almost the exact same time. And as scary as it is, the email you get just tells you that there is mail waiting for you in the OAS system, so its quite a suspenseful ordeal just to find out.

**** this ****. FOR TWO straight years I was above the OOP cut-off they've set for this year, and now for the first time, I'm BELOW 40. I give up on UBC. How does one go from being a 0.1 away from the cut-off last year, to MANY points below? For what it's worth, I've done a lot MORE activities in the past year. I spent days on my essay and polishing my app.

Archived