Premed 101 Forums

Feelin' the blues

n00b

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgetown

Total admissions data 10643 applied, 1236 interviewed, 376 were accepted, 190 enrolled

In-state admissions data 60 applied, 23 interviewed, 14 were accepted, 11 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 10583 applied, 1213 interviewed, 362 were accepted, 179 enrolled

Women admissions data 5236 applied, 646 interviewed, 199 were accepted, 92 enrolled

Minor admissions data N/A

International admissions data N/A

Vanderbilt

Total admissions data 4787 applied, 927 interviewed, 282 were accepted, 105 enrolled

In-state admissions data 348 applied, 55 interviewed, 25 were accepted, 20 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 4439 applied, 872 interviewed, 257 were accepted, 85 enrolled

Women admissions data 2179 applied, 394 interviewed, 150 were accepted, 45 enrolled

Minor admissions data 1257 applied, 254 interviewed, 83 were accepted, 29 enrolled

International admissions data 272 applied, 61 interviewed, 26 were accepted, 9 enrolled

Northwestern

Total admissions data 7527 applied, 774 interviewed, 454 were accepted, 169 enrolled

In-state admissions data 961 applied, 100 interviewed, 64 were accepted, 39 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 6566 applied, 674 interviewed, 390 were accepted, 130 enrolled

Women admissions data 3584 applied, 350 interviewed, 217 were accepted, 84 enrolled

Minor admissions data N/A

International admissions data 592 applied, 19 enrolled

AECOM

Total admissions data 7416 applied, 1446 interviewed, 541 were accepted, 183 enrolled

In-state admissions data 1565 applied, 423 interviewed, 178 were accepted, 80 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 5851 applied, 1023 interviewed, 363 were accepted, 103 enrolled

Women admissions data 3612 applied, 697 interviewed, 270 were accepted, 83 enrolled

Minor admissions data 2767 applied, 700 interviewed, 152 were accepted, 57 enrolled

International admissions data 516 applied, 82 interviewed, 12 were accepted, 6 enrolled

Duke

Total admissions data 5309 applied, 739 interviewed, 196 were accepted, 101 enrolled

In-state admissions data 397 applied, 91 interviewed, 27 were accepted, 16 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 4912 applied, 648 interviewed, 169 were accepted, 85 enrolled

Women admissions data 2285 applied, 333 interviewed, 99 were accepted, 49 enrolled

Minor admissions data 1479 applied, 297 interviewed, 95 were accepted, 50 enrolled

International admissions data 303 applied, 31 interviewed, 4 were accepted, 2 enrolled

Dartmouth

Total admissions data 4181 applied, 680 interviewed, 233 were accepted, 74 enrolled

In-state admissions data 66 applied, 31 interviewed, 8 were accepted, 5 enrolled

Out-state admissions data 4115 applied, 649 interviewed, 225 were accepted, 69 enrolled

Women admissions data 2014 applied, 352 interviewed, 123 were accepted, 41 enrolled

Minor admissions data 1311 applied, 172 interviewed, 62 were accepted, 21 enrolled

International admissions data N/A

Anyway, let's get back to noob's intended discussion of feeling the blues.

I am feeling the blues because NYU acceptances went around today and I received nothing.

*a big sigh*

They did say it was only for top applicants, but it still stings.

I really liked NYU for its city life and Bellevue.

I'm going to obsess over this the whole holiday season.

I'm dreading the fact that I'm gonna have to wait until March to hear back something.

Does anybody wish they had some sort of a time-capsule/time-machine to fast-forward to May to see if they've gotten into any school or not?

I've started thinking about my plan B - which is either continue doing research or go work in a farm or a fishing boat for a year and clear my mind.

So am I feeling the blues?

You bet.

schnauzr you ARE a top applicant, and I'm sure good news is coming your way. Just hang in there! Also, I don't know if it helped at all, but I sent a LOI(interest) to NYU on December 10th.

I think some people on SDN mentioned that another batch of acceptances might be on the way in Jan. Hopefully this is the case, and you'll get the good news then.

So, let me make sure I understand this. I, as I've already stated, have had three close gay friends in my life. One in high school (guy) and two in university (guy, girl). Yet, by using the term "gay" to mean "lame," you have somehow deduced that deep down, I am intolerant towards homosexuals.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you crack me up. It's so utterly absurd, fit only for people who have lived in a bubble and never once approached the real world and the real people in it. You truly strike me as the kind of person who has never had a gay friend, knows nobody from the gay community, but once had a conversation with a gay guy so you totally get what it's like to be a homosexual and can fully empathize with their plight! You'd never use the word "fag," you oh-so-tolerant queen of political correctness. Again, laughable. None too bright, but very amusing nonetheless. :)

Not to beat a dead horse but my posts don't cast judgment on what your comfort level towards the lgbt population might be.

If you reread what I wrote, hopefully you'll see that I made very specific general comments related to it being inappropriate to use gay to mean lame especially in a public setting. Its just not cool !

RE: your speculations about me, I grew up in a very religious household where the consensus was that gay people should all be locked up or killed. I got outed when I was 17 and then got kicked out by my parents. I guess you could say I'm more sensitive to stuff like this.

I also don't fit the stereotype as I'm into cars etc so I use this to my advantage as it allows me to impact ppl who traditionally think that gay ppl have to look or act a certain way. I've done a lot for the lgbt community since starting medical school.

Good luck with hearing back from NYU. I interviewed there in 2005 when they prescreened primaries before taking everyone's money in secondaries.

schnauzr you ARE a top applicant, and I'm sure good news is coming your way. Just hang in there! Also, I don't know if it helped at all, but I sent a LOI(interest) to NYU on December 10th.

I think some people on SDN mentioned that another batch of acceptances might be on the way in Jan. Hopefully this is the case, and you'll get the good news then.

Congrats mca!

I'm debating whether to write some LOIs now or wait until I'm waitlisted

Not to beat a dead horse but my posts don't cast judgment on what your comfort level towards the lgbt population might be.

If you reread what I wrote, hopefully you'll see that I made very specific general comments related to it being inappropriate to use gay to mean lame especially in a public setting. Its just not cool !

RE: your speculations about me, I grew up in a very religious household where the consensus was that gay people should all be locked up or killed. I got outed when I was 17 and then got kicked out by my parents. I guess you could say I'm more sensitive to stuff like this.

I also don't fit the stereotype as I'm into cars etc so I use this to my advantage as it allows me to impact ppl who traditionally think that gay ppl have to look or act a certain way. I've done a lot for the lgbt community since starting medical school.

Oh.

Bleh. Okay, you win. I'm sorry. Didn't mean to offend you.

Schnauzer, thanks for the info. Was very helpful. Duke makes me sad now.

• 1 month later...

sigh...

so... i think i should have taken your guys' advice

i didn't receive a single interview this round, maybe because i submitted so late (mid-Oct), maybe because of my subpar stats (3.6 cGPA/3.33 sGPA, 4.0 gGPA, 31P).

I'm currently on hold at 4 schools, rejected from 4, waiting on 4 and 2 withdrawn.

wooooooo......

i'm curious if i should even bother with applying in june this coming year.

what a waste of time and $$$! i'll def discourage any low-stat individuals from applying this late... there was really no point methinks

sigh...

so... i think i should have taken your guys' advice

i didn't receive a single interview this round, maybe because i submitted so late (mid-Oct), maybe because of my subpar stats (3.6 cGPA/3.33 sGPA, 4.0 gGPA, 31P).

I'm currently on hold at 4 schools, rejected from 4, waiting on 4 and 2 withdrawn.

wooooooo......

i'm curious if i should even bother with applying in june this coming year.

what a waste of time and $$$! i'll def discourage any low-stat individuals from applying this late... there was really no point methinks

Applying in mid October is definitely a waste of money. If you unfortunately have to go through the process again, make sure to do it right.

I am not expecting anything else either, but with that said, it is incorrect to say that the interview cycle has stop. A lot of schools are still sending out invites and no, not for the waitlist (before a pessimist chimes in). Some schools interview all the way up to april so if you applied to these schools you may still hear from them.

Just don't open your inbox everyday like it were September.

Archived