Premed 101 Forums

Feelin' the blues

n00b

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who else feels pretty down now? The semester is winding down meaning application activity is winding down. I was hoping to have some good news going into the winter break but it's looking unlikely now.

Gay.

are you kidding me? I didn't think people still used the word 'gay' in that context.

to add to that, I am feeling the blues ... bigtime.

Examtime = alastriss becoming a vampire and just not sleeping at night, and coupled with the fact that I am studying by myself for most of the classes and all alone makes for a depressing time. All the while waiting to hear back from schools.

Woah! lol I didn’t mean for this to become a big deal at all.

Though it is interesting that every single person that responded came to the defence of the guy that used gay to mean stupid… just saying.

Clearly you guys are all in agreement on this so I’ll just keep my opinions to myself. :o

Anyway in response to the OP’s original message, I agree that this time of year does suck. On the bright side, I bet this is probably the worst of it all since we’ll soon starting hearing back from places and the stress of exams and everything will be behind us.

Gotta admit... starting to get really down on myself. I was complete nearly eight weeks ago at most schools and i've only heard from suny which was a pre interview hold (rejection). Sigh... so much time, effort and money.

It seems like it'll all be for nothing.

Then there's the terrible weather and the monotony of grad school. Ugh!

^

Enough with this self-righteous nonsense. I've got three gay friends and I call them fags all the time. They make Jew jokes back at me. If there's no hatred behind the word, it's not a big deal.

... i know you will agree that the poster clearly meant to use the word gay in a negative way. there are plenty of other words in the english language they could have picked from !!!

Archived