Premed 101 Forums

Workshop details finalized!

Hey Guys, I finally got the workshop details finalized! PM/email me for more into or visit the website. I'll re-post occasionally in case it gets lost in cyberspace!

TopStar Interview Prep presents…

“Interviewing for the Healthcare Professional”

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A comprehensive 6-hour live workshop to prepare for:

Your Medical School Interview Your Dental School Interview

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Register online: http://www.*************.com

Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 18th, 2009

Depending on interest another workshop may be held February 22, 2009 same location and times.

@ widedentist - eventually we'll make our way west, likely in 2010.

@ Dr.BadVibes - thanks for your opinion & hope UCLA is treating you well.

But consider Temple's tuition of $48,312 US X 1.2642 exchange = $61,076 CDN compared to UofT's tuition & related expenses of $28,890.22. In my opinion this is a ripoff. Yes Philly is cheaper to live in than Toronto but I doubt it's 30K cheaper a year. The proof is in the pocketbook here my friend.

@ Dr.BadVibes - thanks for your opinion & hope UCLA is treating you well.

But consider Temple's tuition of $48,312 US X 1.2642 exchange = $61,076 CDN compared to UofT's tuition & related expenses of $28,890.22. In my opinion this is a ripoff. Yes Philly is cheaper to live in than Toronto but I doubt it's 30K cheaper a year. The proof is in the pocketbook here my friend.

I think Dr.BadVibes is trying to say that your interview preparation workshop won't help a student get into EITHER UofT or Temple.

Gee it's funny it worked for all those people who wrote the testimonials on my website weird.

I can write a testimonial that I wipe my ass well too. I can even probably squeeze another few testimonials out of my three housemates stating that I wipe my ass well. I can also post this testimonial online and make a website.

No offense to your program though... I'll consider attending if I get a UofT interview.

These gimmicks that people come up with to make a quick buck by giving predental students dellusional thoughts that it will give them a leg up is no better than a 1am informercial scam.......buyer beware

Have you read the books he wrote? Have you heard what he has to say at all? All I ask is that you be fair in your criticisms. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it works out better when we make informed decisions and discuss ideas rather than bash people and their hard work.

Why wouldn't someone do all they can to reach their goal of getting in to dental school? It's really competitive... and IMO, getting in is worth some hard work and using lots of different resources!

Just a thought :)

M

I can write a testimonial that I wipe my ass well too. I can even probably squeeze another few testimonials out of my three housemates stating that I wipe my ass well. I can also post this testimonial online and make a website.

No offense to your program though... I'll consider attending if I get a UofT interview.

Agree...who knows if this program is useful or not?

and another thing that i wanna note is that in most posts, CDAInterviewBook is advertising something that he/she sells

This is getting funny, hey Dr. Badvibes, I see that UCLA pedo isn't killing you yet, nor why would it be j/k. Contach, do you have anger issue? You seem a bit more bitter than previously. Are you depress? (SIGECAPS)

I came to my senses that it is a free market out there, as long as they provide receipts and report income tax to CCRA who cares. As you point out, buyers beware.

Hey it might help those who attend the program, or it might not.

I think that when someone comes on an internet forum to advertise their product and then responds in a very childish way to criticism should indicate that this "company" has yet to conquer the art of professionalism.

The way this guy posts his messages, it seems like he is just some guy running this thing out of the basement of his parent's house.....

BUYER BEWARE

Not nearly as unprofessional as a fellow dentist who runs people and their ideas into the ground. I understand I've got to face critics so here's the low down.

The dates of the workshop are on my spring break so instead of spending it with classmates in Dominican Republic or my gf in Flordia I'll be spending the time helping devoted predents learn how to interview better.

As far as advertising goes Google CDA interview, I advertise on Google and other search engines as well, anything I can do to get the word out. Payment is processed by paypal with receipts and declared as income to the CRA.

I started the company cause I BOMBED my first interview in 06 and did research on the process etc and ended up getting into 4 schools in 07 just by improving my interview score then ended up spinning off the research and material into this "company" as you call it cause I had 0 resources to prepare in 06 and I don't want others to be as crushed as I was when I didn't get in.

Badvibes - I tried to be nice but you're being such a **** about it. I've worked as hard for everything I have in my life as you have in yours. Oh and FYI I'm running it out of my condo overlooking the harbour in downtown Halifax not my parents basement.

Why was it you went to Temple anyway? Cause I remember when I joined this forum back in '05 you saying a you never had a gpa above 3.1 your entire life - so my products wouldn't be much good to you cause in case you haven't noticed things have gotten extremely competitive and you wouldn't get invites to Canadian schools anyway.

I had a 3.1 cGPA and a 2.9 Science from UofT undergrad........and i got in 4 years ago....i know things are a bit harder these days, but in 4 years, it couldnt have gone up that much....

I started the company cause I BOMBED my first interview in 06 and did research on the process etc and ended up getting into 4 schools in 07 just by improving my interview score then ended up spinning off the research and material into this "company" as you call it cause I had 0 resources to prepare in 06 and I don't want others to be as crushed as I was when I didn't get in.

HAHAHHHA.......so lemme get this straight.......your a 2nd year dental student and you expect people to fork over their hard earned money for your interview tips??? that is just classic.

Thats like having some dental student on SDN charging for their "advice" that is most likely wrong and uninformed anyways......

And I like how you point out my grades like it hurts my reputation or something.....well first of all, I am the one that has always used my journey as an example that if people really wanted to become a dentist, it is not impossible if your grades arent the best.......and obviously Im not ashamed of my grades, cause look at where its gotten me.

And guess how I got this far????.....no it wasnt by buying sketchy gimmicks that claim to give you a leg up on the process like the useless "program" you made in your 300 sqft condo........

so how did I do it? By being myself!!! Wow, what a novel idea! Darn, I shoulda charged people $50 for that answer

Oh and FYI I'm running it out of my condo overlooking the harbour in downtown Halifax not my parents basement.

Thanks for the FYI.....you coulda fooled me!!! and am I supposed to be impressed that you live in a condo overlooking the habour in Halifax, cause guess what, Im absolutely not.

Dude......its Halifax ;)

hey Dr.BadVibes...I have a question regarding US schools application.

I applied really late this yr and my app was complete in dec. due to nov DAT scores so I am now looking towards the next cycle.

However, i wanted to know whether or not I should retake the DAT before application. My gpa should be around 3.68-3.7 at UofT by the time i graduate and my dat scores are 19AA, 19Bio,20Chm, 17 PAT:( , 19RC. I know my pat is low and rest are avg but if i submit my app very early, would it budge?

hey Dr.BadVibes...I have a question regarding US schools application.

I applied really late this yr and my app was complete in dec. due to nov DAT scores so I am now looking towards the next cycle.

However, i wanted to know whether or not I should retake the DAT before application. My gpa should be around 3.68-3.7 at UofT by the time i graduate and my dat scores are 19AA, 19Bio,20Chm, 17 PAT:( , 19RC. I know my pat is low and rest are avg but if i submit my app very early, would it budge?

If US schools are your priority, take the american DAT and you'll get 20 or 21... it's a little easier.

thanks for the reply simba...I will retake it but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use my current scores for the next cycle so that it would allow me to apply early?...

and then later into the cycle take US DAT and submit new scores around July...

Your Canadian DAT scores are fine. I just feel that as Canadians applying with cDAT scores, we sort of put ourselves at a disadvantage because I think the cDAT scoring system is more strict and it makes it really hard for us to achieve higher scores... I know this from experience. If you don't want to write the american DAT, it's all good. Like I said, your scores are fine. However, if you want to score higher, take the US DAT. In addition, although many US schools accept the cDAT, their preference is the US DAT. If you take it or not, your strategy of applying early with your cDAT scores is a good one. PM me if you have any more questions... we sort of hijacked this thread :rolleyes:

Archived