Premed 101 Forums

How many OOP's are interviewed?

Considering they can only accept up to 22 people, I would guess they interview 75-100 people? I'm just guessing based on UBC's stats. They have 12 spots for OOP and are intervewing 50...

Most schools seem to interview more than double the number of spots they have...for OOP they might interview a few more than that b/c OOP's are probably more likely to turn down if they get into an IP school...

Just speculating though...no idea really:D

You may be right. However, I believe that I have read somewhere that the figure is around 77 (someone might wish to confirm/reject this); it would be relatively beneficial to know, if granted an interview, what your odds are post interview. One thing for certain, the estimated number of OOP's accepted stands at 22, as indicated by last years stats.

Considering they can only accept up to 22 people, I would guess they interview 75-100 people? I'm just guessing based on UBC's stats. They have 12 spots for OOP and are intervewing 50...

Most schools seem to interview more than double the number of spots they have...for OOP they might interview a few more than that b/c OOP's are probably more likely to turn down if they get into an IP school...

Just speculating though...no idea really:D

• 4 weeks later...

it's an 85/15 split IP/OOP so...estimatin 160/28 in actual students.

i think class size increased by about 30 students this year. not bad!government issued something that dictates how many med school seats there has to be between u of c and u of a in a couple years.

how are the interviews divided though?

i think class size increased by about 30 students this year. not bad!government issued something that dictates how many med school seats there has to be between u of c and u of a in a couple years.

hmmm .... i thought u of a was selecting 142 students? thats what it says on their website

that was the 2012 class. 2013 is 188 total.

my guess is if last year they interviewed 70 something for 22 OOP spots they'll probably have 85-90 OOP invites for this year.. keep in mind there are two separate pools for OOP. my cousin is a 2011 and she was one of two 3rd year OOP's accepted, but for those two spots i think they interviewed over ten applicants. whereas if you're a 4th year OOP then your ratio of interviewees to actual spot would be smaller.

my guess is if last year they interviewed 70 something for 22 OOP spots they'll probably have 85-90 OOP invites for this year.. keep in mind there are two separate pools for OOP. my cousin is a 2011 and she was one of two 3rd year OOP's accepted, but for those two spots i think they interviewed over ten applicants. whereas if you're a 4th year OOP then your ratio of interviewees to actual spot would be smaller.

only about two 3rd year OOP are accepted? ahhh.

where are you getting this info from? Can you provide the link or are you saying this based on speculation? On the website, it says that the class size is 142--unless you have read it elsewhere

The 142 is for the class of 2012 (at least that's what it says on the website). I don't know if the 2013 class size is officially listed anywhere but 188 is in line with the unofficial word on campus that class size is increasing by about 30% this year (I work in another faculty and a number of my colleagues have mentioned this to me when they hear I'm applying).

The 142 is for the class of 2012 (at least that's what it says on the website). I don't know if the 2013 class size is officially listed anywhere but 188 is in line with the unofficial word on campus that class size is increasing by about 30% this year (I work in another faculty and a number of my colleagues have mentioned this to me when they hear I'm applying).

No, class size is not increasing by 30%. By 30 seats, maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived