Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many did they interview last year??? That's a huge jump in seat numbers.

432 applicants were interviewed (324 Albertans & 108 non-Albertans). I should also clarify that I know they are interviewing more people this year due to an increase in the number of seats. I'm not 100% sure if they are interviewing a 100 extra students it might be a bit more or less. But be happy they have more interview seats!!!

Rejected OOP. Oh well. UBC is my #1 and I got me an interview there at the end of the month. Still, Calgary is #2 and I would have loved an interview.

Last 2 years

3.8ish

Overall

3.6ish

MCAT (ps, vr, bs, w)

10 10 13 Q (33Q)

Loads of different experiences. I took some risks in explaining them though. The UBC app took a lot out of me and I wanted to approach Calgary in a different way. Didn't work out but oh well. The chips were stacked against me since my overall gpa is mediocre and Calgary puts a lot of emphasis on the overall.

Best of luck to all the deserving!

I am super shocked but I did get an interview.

In province, non-trad student

3.43 AMCAS (with repeats in some sciences)

Best two years 3.6 or 3.7ish

All of the recommended courses

Some volunteering and college level athletics

No research

VERY EXCITED!

Given my underdog stats I have been looking very seriously into Irish and Australian schools, may wind up there anyways but Canada is so fabulously CHEAP and EASY :o

432 applicants were interviewed (324 Albertans & 108 non-Albertans). I should also clarify that I know they are interviewing more people this year due to an increase in the number of seats. I'm not 100% sure if they are interviewing a 100 extra students it might be a bit more or less. But be happy they have more interview seats!!!

Where can we find out how many people they interview? How did you find out?

Also, how do you know seats have increased up from the 150 spots that is currently stated on their website FAQ?

It would sure be great if they accepted more than that.

Thanks.

Also, how do you know seats have increased up from the 150 spots that is currently stated on their website FAQ?

Thanks.

well based on the RSVP site: they said there are 4 groups of 36 students each for 4 days ...that gives us about 570 students for interview. Id assume its a 50-50 split between IP and OOP.

Just wondering did you guys get a mass email about being a physician in the US airforce, just seconds after you registered for the interview. I just got this mass forwarded email, and the emails it is addressed to have ucalgary, ualberta and other domain names. Proly is a list of all those who got selected for the interview lol!!

Just wondering did you guys get a mass email about being a physician in the US airforce, just seconds after you registered for the interview. I just got this mass forwarded email, and the emails it is addressed to have ucalgary, ualberta and other domain names. Proly is a list of all those who got selected for the interview lol!!

LOL, no...I wonder if it's smth from AAMC.

yea u got me wondering nwo too... i do remember signing up for more info at career fair about military medicine, maybe that`s it and they sent the e-mail to coincide with this week (since a lot of interviews went out). doesn`t make sense to me that calgary would release our info to them like that... without our permission... and also allow them to list our e-mails out like that.... if it`s like from calgary or something i would expect a bcc kinda thing.... i dunno

EDIT damnit... must have accidentally clicked the happy face, i dont know how to get rid of it....

Rumor is that the class size will be increasing from the current 150. I have heard that they are interviewing about 150 OOP for about 25 spots. And the rest will be IP (about 400 interviews for 150 spots).

Remember, you didn't hear it from me. :P

U of C Med

Class of 2011

hear what? ;)

thanks!!! good news for all.

Thanks.

On the application manual it says how many people were interviewed last year. As LIM pointed out they are interviewing more than a 100 extra students this year. Secondly, according to the UofC Faculty they have increased the seats primarily because of the pressure from the Government. They are trying to get seats up 220 eventually.

Rumor is that the class size will be increasing from the current 150. I have heard that they are interviewing about 150 OOP for about 25 spots. And the rest will be IP (about 400 interviews for 150 spots).

Remember, you didn't hear it from me. :P

U of C Med

Class of 2011

Geez, had I read ur post before replying I wouldn't have to reiterate what you just said lolll

Archived