2009 Queen's Interviews - When they are coming out / email delays / a few stats

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, he wrote "i kid" in grey letters.

calm down

hahaha

who should put the keyboard down now?

whoever is pressing f5 like crazy after 15 minutes of doing it for the hell of it... followed by intermittent f5ing while surfing the internet.

This appears to be a FALSE ALARM. lol

hahaha

whoever is pressing f5 like crazy after 15 minutes of doing it for the hell of it... followed by intermittent f5ing while surfing the internet.

This appears to be a FALSE ALARM. lol

i hate false alarms...especially real ones in the middle of the night when 4 fire trucks, 2 police cars, and 1 ambulance come and yet it is a false alarm!

I'm a grad student (IP) and I got an invite today.. but all this posting is making me nervous that it's not a real invite and just some sort of mixup.... :(

Here is the email..

On behalf of the Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I am pleased to invite you to an admissions interview.

Interviews are being held on February 27, 28, March 1, 28, and 29. In order to book your interview, please visit https://eservices.queensu.ca/apps/SOM-Interviewee-App/. To login, you will need your OMSAS reference number and birthdate. This online system will be available beginning February 9th, 8:00 am (EST) and will close on February 22nd, 4:30 (EST). Please note that interview scheduling will be done on a “first come/first served” basis. Once you have scheduled your interview, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please retain this email for your records.

All interviews will be conducted at the Clinical Education Centre in the Louise D. Acton Building on the Queen’s Campus (a map is available at: http://www.queensu.ca/campusmap/). When you arrive, you will be given a short written assignment to complete. This will take 15 minutes and will be used in the assessment of your application. Your interview will take place following this assignment at the time you have scheduled and will last approximately 30 minutes. Please arrive a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your interview to allow time to check in and complete this assignment. Please ensure that you bring photo identification (e.g. student card, drivers license) with you to your interview. We will be unable to interview any candidate who fails to provide valid ID.

Additional information is being sent to your mailing address as listed on your OMSAS application. If you do not receive this package by next week, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jennifer Saunders

Admissions Officer

Queen's University School of Medicine

(613) 533-3307

Lol odie, I am stopping at every computer kiosk while I make my way across campus to get food that I desperately need since I last ate was 16 hours ago.

Watch this be a joke by the OP. "Surprise! Jokes on you!"

But seriously guys for real, is Queen's out yet?

Alastriss, I absolutely do not foresee you missing the cut-offs. I highly doubt they'd jack up a section cut-off to 12.

I'm a grad student (IP) and I got an invite today.. but all this posting is making me nervous that it's not a real invite and just some sort of mixup.... :(

Here is the email..

On behalf of the Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I am pleased to invite you to an admissions interview.

Interviews are being held on February 27, 28, March 1, 28, and 29. In order to book your interview, please visit https://eservices.queensu.ca/apps/SOM-Interviewee-App/. To login, you will need your OMSAS reference number and birthdate. This online system will be available beginning February 9th, 8:00 am (EST) and will close on February 22nd, 4:30 (EST). Please note that interview scheduling will be done on a “first come/first served” basis. Once you have scheduled your interview, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please retain this email for your records.

All interviews will be conducted at the Clinical Education Centre in the Louise D. Acton Building on the Queen’s Campus (a map is available at: http://www.queensu.ca/campusmap/). When you arrive, you will be given a short written assignment to complete. This will take 15 minutes and will be used in the assessment of your application. Your interview will take place following this assignment at the time you have scheduled and will last approximately 30 minutes. Please arrive a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your interview to allow time to check in and complete this assignment. Please ensure that you bring photo identification (e.g. student card, drivers license) with you to your interview. We will be unable to interview any candidate who fails to provide valid ID.

Additional information is being sent to your mailing address as listed on your OMSAS application. If you do not receive this package by next week, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jennifer Saunders

Admissions Officer

Queen's University School of Medicine

(613) 533-3307

that link doesn't work

Dilly - your email is indeed real. :) That's the one I got last year.

It could be that their email system is not working properly. Last year, only a few of us (myself included) got the e-mail that the class was full. Most people ended up not getting any notification.

Alastriss, I absolutely do not foresee you missing the cut-offs. I highly doubt they'd jack up a section cut-off to 12.

Thanks Jixe, but last year taught all of us that you never know. For all we know the cGPA may have gone up to 3.75. I just want this ugly business to be over with. Not too ecstatic lately with Mac rejection yesterday :(.

Well maybe they are having technical issues. I'm this close to rushing the office of medicine down the street and asking them.

Thanks Jixe, but last year taught all of us that you never know. For all we know the cGPA may have gone up to 3.75. I just want this ugly business to be over with. Not too ecstatic lately with Mac rejection yesterday :(.

Well maybe they are having technical issues. I'm this close to rushing the office of medicine down the street and asking them.

do it for me and I'll give you a cookie

Archived