Premed 101 Forums

2009 Queen's Interviews - When they are coming out / email delays / a few stats

i emailed them and received a reply! this time i reread the email twice. and i got an invitation!

(i was the person who said she got invited on friday, but turns out it's a misread UWO invitation).

my stats: OMSAS cGPA 3.87, 10 verbal, >10 on PS and BS, total> 34, Q

all of you who have Q, despair not!

just to make sure that i didn't misread, i'll post part of my invitation:

Dear truffle

On behalf of the Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I am pleased to invite you to an admissions interview.

Interviews are being held on February 27, 28, March 1, 28, and 29. In order to book your interview, please visit https://eservices.queensu.ca/apps/SOM-Interviewee-App/. To login, you will need your OMSAS reference number and birthdate. This online system will be available beginning February 9th, 8:00 am (EST) and will close on February 22nd, 4:30 (EST). Please note that interview scheduling will be done on a “first come/first served” basis. Once you have scheduled your interview, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please retain this email for your records.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a little suspicious that everyone today is getting invites while everyone on Friday got rejections... I'm a little worried that this was a mistake and they're going to take my invite away, haha.

i emailed them to ask, and in their reply they referred to me by my last name, so i don't think there was a mass mixup (i.e. getting all the rejected mixed up with invited).

i emailed them and received a reply! this time i reread the email twice. and i got an invitation!

(i was the person who said she got invited on friday, but turns out it's a misread UWO invitation).

my stats: OMSAS cGPA 3.87, 10 verbal, >10 on PS and BS, total> 34, Q

all of you who have Q, despair not!

just to make sure that i didn't misread, i'll post part of my invitation:

It's so odd that they addressed you by your premed101.com forum name. ;)

Pleasantly surprised I have been invited for an interview.

I only read this page of the thread, but I'll confirm that it would have had to be a 9 on PS because that's what I had VR10, PS9, R, BS12.

However, my total is only 31R. So I don't think you'd need a 32.

Do you mind posting your 2 year GPA?

Archived