Premed 101 Forums

2009 Queen's Interviews - When they are coming out / email delays / a few stats

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you call the admission line it says that all decisions have been made regarding the applications and have been sent out by 4pm EST. It then says that individual feedback on applications will not be given, but that these decisions were based solely on GPA and MCAT scores. They say if you haven't gotten an e-mail by monday to contact them via an e-mail she gives in the message. I assume that there is just some horrible lag going on meant to torture us all a little longer. I thought Western would be a pick me up because I knew the e-mails were coming today and I had made the cut-offs only to see that they need to clarify information regarding my application. So more waiting yet again.

ps. Still no e-mail here either.

cGPA - 3.9, 2yr cGPA - 3.95

13BS-12PS-11VR-R = 36R

from the other thread

Rejected.......3.8something 10/10/10 T

MD2BE

gone with an 11,11,11 Q

I would say most likely we're looking at a 10,10,10 R (32).... maybe 31....

and with no real way to know the GPA at the moment...

It's scary to think 760 have those mcat scores.... and scarier to think what the cutoff would have been with the original # of 500 interviews

What was last year's unofficial cumulative and last two year gpa cutoffs? 3.70 cumulative and 3.7 last two year?

The lowest we saw were 3.69 cumulative and 3.76 2 year..

but no one posted with a rejection close to those numbers... so it's hard to know if they went a little lower or not..

are my posts going through?

Jochi, if you are there, remember how you were the only one on the forums to be notified of the waitlist being filled up? They thought they sent it out to everybody but obviously didn't.

No recollection, but this could be a symptom of post-traumatic stress disorder, antegrade amnesia.:P

No recollection, but this could be a symptom of post-traumatic stress disorder, antegrade amnesia.:P

By the way, sorry I didn't get back to you on facebook. I had a couple martinis when i went out in the evening and just slept. I just woke up thinking it was 4 am to find out that its not even 11.

The lowest we saw were 3.69 cumulative and 3.76 2 year..

but no one posted with a rejection close to those numbers... so it's hard to know if they went a little lower or not..

I think gpa may be a variable to consider then. Maybe 3.8 last two years and 3.7 cumulative?

By the way, sorry I didn't get back to you on facebook. I had a couple martinis when i went out in the evening and just slept. I just woke up thinking it was 4 am to find out that its not even 11.

Well, I have my paramedic final exams tomorrow and Sunday, but hell if I ain't in the chatroom to discuss this further right now.:cool::D

Well, I have my paramedic final exams tomorrow and Sunday, but hell if I ain't in the chatroom to discuss this further right now.:cool::D

http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28304

Here is your thread Jochi, you were the only one to get this e-mail. Queen's has done this before, and, unfortunately, if it is like last time, we won't be getting an e-mail unless we let them know.

Hey I know its hard but remember that 759 other people are getting it too :(. Paramedic exam is key now.

Depending on what the GPA is... (you'd figure it would go up a little if the MCAT went up a little... but maybe Queens had a different idea in mind...).... it's unbelievable to compare this year with the double cohort year.

The double cohort was supposed to be the killer stats year.....

Queens looks like they have higher MCAT cutoffs this year than they did then... AND they're interviewing 50% more people..

Another idea: maybe the GPA stays reasonable and the MCAT has shot up because being able to write it 3 times a year does allow you to get the score you want compared to the days of paper. haha

Guest viscous
Yea, I didn't think it was Indian, it doesn't sound like it is, which is why I was curious, because it was bugging me lol...so random, I know. This is what happens when you've spent way more time on pm101 in one day than is appropriate.

it actually sounds Indian name. Joshi is an Indian name. i thought jochi is another way of writing Joshi. but I guess I was wrong.

With these unofficial cutoffs in mind (10/10/10R and GPA), it might be reasonable to think that Queens won't be interviewing 760 candidates. I have no idea where the 760 originated, or if indeed they went through with this number.

The 760 number is accurate. There will be 760 people interviewed, which is why the Friday was added.

Elaine

Archived