Premed 101 Forums

2009 Queen's Interviews - When they are coming out / email delays / a few stats

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a grad student (IP) and I got an invite today.. but all this posting is making me nervous that it's not a real invite and just some sort of mixup.... :(

Here is the email..

On behalf of the Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I am pleased to invite you to an admissions interview.

Interviews are being held on February 27, 28, March 1, 28, and 29. In order to book your interview, please visit https://eservices.queensu.ca/apps/SOM-Interviewee-App/. To login, you will need your OMSAS reference number and birthdate. This online system will be available beginning February 9th, 8:00 am (EST) and will close on February 22nd, 4:30 (EST). Please note that interview scheduling will be done on a “first come/first served” basis. Once you have scheduled your interview, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please retain this email for your records.

All interviews will be conducted at the Clinical Education Centre in the Louise D. Acton Building on the Queen’s Campus (a map is available at: http://www.queensu.ca/campusmap/). When you arrive, you will be given a short written assignment to complete. This will take 15 minutes and will be used in the assessment of your application. Your interview will take place following this assignment at the time you have scheduled and will last approximately 30 minutes. Please arrive a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your interview to allow time to check in and complete this assignment. Please ensure that you bring photo identification (e.g. student card, drivers license) with you to your interview. We will be unable to interview any candidate who fails to provide valid ID.

Additional information is being sent to your mailing address as listed on your OMSAS application. If you do not receive this package by next week, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jennifer Saunders

Admissions Officer

Queen's University School of Medicine

(613) 533-3307

Rest assured, invites have been sent out. Congratulations.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

Nice to know another 36 goes down in flames with me :P. Although your WS is worlds better then mine

I'm in a similar position as you guys...what are your thoughts on rewriting to improve WS score? I'm leaning against it because a) It's a big time commitment to study again and B) It's hard to "guarantee" a greatly improved WS even with preparing. What do you guys think?

I'm in a similar position as you guys...what are your thoughts on rewriting to improve WS score? I'm leaning against it because a) It's a big time commitment to study again and B) It's hard to "guarantee" a greatly improved WS even with preparing. What do you guys think?

I'm in the same situation. It was such a relief to get my overall numerical score, but my WS sucks. I really really really don't want to re-write.

Depends how competitive you are at other schools I guess. Because of how my GPA works, I'm stuck with Queens as one of my only viable Ontario schools, so I'm re-writing for sure.

And considering the vast majority of schools take your best score anyways, you don't really lose much by writing again.

Not hearing back just yet is nothing to worry about. It does not mean anything with regards to invites/rejections. The office is just making their way through the long list. Everyone will hear back either a yes or no, with no exceptions.

Good luck

Thank you :)

... I am going to fail my physics test this Monday, lol ... cannot concentrate :o

Archived