Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Interview Practice...

ma_ta

I didn't get an interview at Mac but I got one at UBC which uses the mmi so I would be interested in practicing for that

The only thing is it's scheduled for Feb. 14th so I would basically only benefit if you were doing it this upcoming weekend..

but if you are then I would for sure like to come!!!

I think it would be best to meet on campus. Let's set a date first, then find out how many people can make it for that date. We can have each person make up an 8 min scenario (if that's what they're called). When we meet, we can split up into pairs and each person will present their 8 min scenario to their partner and vice versa, then we can switch partners after 16 minutes has passed. If we get 5 or 6 people, it can be like a mini MMI.

Potential date: Sunday Feb 7 '09 at 10am? What do you all think?

Do you mean Saturday the 7th or Sunday the 8th??

Either one works for me. How about people put their name under which day they want (if there are a few people on each day we can always just split up. I'm putting my name in both...

SATURDAY 10AM

Monster

SUNDAY 10AM

Monster

sounds like a great idea...is it possible for us to meet up some time during the week? (because i usually go home for the weekend)...I was thinking we can make it a weekly thing...hopefully that will allow us to track each other's progress and notice improvements over the course of time so we can give each other feedback...Personally for me Friday after 1:30 is great but im not sure about everyone else's schedual....anyway let me know soon! Thanks :)

lol...seems like this is going to be hard to coordinate...

I am basically willing to do this any night because I REEEEEALLY want some objective feedback that's not from friends/family members.

However, I can't do it this Friday at all during the day. I could do Monday Tuesday wednesday next week but it would need to be closer to the end of the day than 1:30 'cause I'm a grad student so I work more like 9-5 (or 10-4:p ) hours.

I can do Sunday and next week though...so does anyone else want to do it on Sunday???? maybe we can have 2 groups (though it seems like we only have like 5 people interested in this so I'm not sure if that will work out)

SATURDAY 10AM

Monster

SUNDAY 10AM

Monster

Carefree

WEEKDAY EVENINGS FROM 5PM ONWARDS

ma_ta

Carefree

List updated. Please POST ASAP if you are interested. This weekend might be a long shot, but we need to get started ASAP. Two of my friends also have MMIs, so I will ask them and post their preferred time on their behalf.

We didn't meet today 'cause there were only 2 of us interested it seems.

I think we should plan for Tuesday at 6:30. put your name in and if we have 4 or more people I think that would be enough to get in some practice. We should meet out front of the health sci library right where the bathrooms are.

TUESDAY 6:30pm

Monster

On Tuesday the McMaster Medicine and Health Society is holding an event called the "McMaster Medicine Interview Workshop". Here's the official event description:

--- MCMASTER MEDICINE INTERVIEW WORKSHOP ---

Are YOU nervous about Medical School Interviews?

McMaster Medicine and Health Society will be hosting a McMaster Medical School Interview Workshop! A McMaster medical school graduate will be present to outline the interview process. Get the 'inside scoop' on the McMaster MMI! This seminar will help you navigate the interview process, and interact with a group of current students on understanding how the MMI works. This is an event you will not want to miss!

Date: Tuesday, February 10

Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm*

*Not yet a member? Not a problem! Membership fee is $5 and includes admission to all events and a comprehensive information package! Please arrive at 5:45 pm for registration.

Hope to see you there!

McMaster Medicine and Health Society

I think you all should come out to this event, maybe we can meet before or after to setup our schedules for the next few weeks? Are you guys good for Tuesday at 5:00pm just to exchange schedules? Also, if you have any questions about the event itself feel free to private message me, as I am one of the organizers.

Ack!

haha...ok...forget Tuesday then!!

What aboooout WEDNESDAY????????

my ubc interview is on Saturday and I just wanted to practice once beforehand!! but Wednesday is the only other day I can do it:(

I will for sure come to the thing on Tuesday though...can we just show up and pay the $5 then or do we have to sign up somehow before??

oh and astudentis, I was just thinking we could bring some questions and answer them in front of each other in within the time limit. I just think it would help to do it with someone you don't know rather than friends and family because obviously you're comfortable with those people so it's not the same...

What? so I have to miss FREE pizza for this??

haha...ok..sounds good. yay med school interviews!

btw Carefree is that correct what ma_ta said that I can just pay the $5 when I get there? There's no sign up beforehand? (I don't want to get rejected at the door for lack of foresight:p )

What? so I have to miss FREE pizza for this??

haha...ok..sounds good. yay med school interviews!

btw Carefree is that correct what ma_ta said that I can just pay the $5 when I get there? There's no sign up beforehand? (I don't want to get rejected at the door for lack of foresight:p )

Yeah, you can sign up and pay $5 at the door. You are a Mac student right?

Archived