Premed 101 Forums

Interviews out!!

They interview the top 50 OOP (for the 6 spots) based strictly on the percent average of their best two years. MCAT is just a flag so if you're above that you're good to go.

I heard that the Admissions committee met yesterday (Feb 3) to establish cutoffs which went up quite a bit from last year.

Congrats on those who have been offered thus far.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They interview the top 50 OOP (for the 6 spots) based strictly on the percent average of their best two years.

Just wondering, but do you guys think it's correct to make the assumption that they will give out like between 15-20 offers, despite the fact that they have only 6 spots (I'm assuming there is a high turnover on the waitlist due to the fact that people would rather stay in their own province).

I haven't got an email yet and I am IP with a 4.0, twice as many A+'s as A's and def. made the MCAT cutoff so...

edit: If it's best two years then I am perfect. ANy IPs out there that have recieved word?

Maybe it starts just with us OOP people? Perhaps we have to go first to book our interview times?

With those stats your invite will be coming soon enough :)

Just wondering, but do you guys think it's correct to make the assumption that they will give out like between 15-20 offers, despite the fact that they have only 6 spots (I'm assuming there is a high turnover on the waitlist due to the fact that people would rather stay in their own province).

Yup that is often the case with OOP spots.

Congrats to everyone getting an interview....the cutoff is getting tougher and tougher (last year was 91. sth)

Yeah, I guess it would make sense to send out OOP invitations first as they need to co-ordinate travel dates and such. I just had a worried moment as there were some issues with my proof of residency (I am from the Yukon, which is IP but not as easy for them to check in on).

Cheers all, and 'congrats' and 'better luck at the other schools' where needed.

However I should also remind all ofyou that you need to be in the top 60% of the interview marks to be considered. ie if you score in the bottom 40% of applicants...you will not be considered any further for admission and wont be on the waitlist.

Do you happen to know how much the OOP waitlist moves in a given year? Perhaps the average over the last few years?

I'm think that each A+ is 95%, each A is 87%, each A- is 83%. Some schools must be different. Not sure if a % table is floating around.

I'm also unsure if they just use the %s for schools that report %s (like U of T). Luckily, my % is the same by either system.

what happens if our univ has no A+? where can one find the info on the % conversions?

thanks

oh really, i was hoping for more than that

I think it might move a bit further this time as well. My logic is the average jumped quite a bit so it is more likely that OOP applying will also get admitted in their home province. It is also more likely they will get interviews in general there. In either case it seems more likely they will be able to stay closer to home.

Could be wrong of course!

Personally my G.F. is from Saskatchewan, so I am an OOP really hoping to get in to U of S more than getting into an Ontario school. We will see :)

what happens if our univ has no A+? where can one find the info on the % conversions?

thanks

if i remember correctly, If there is no A+ in your school, an A is worth 93%

You can always email admissions for a scale for your school....they have different scales for all schools.

Archived