Premed 101 Forums

UWO Interviews

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there was no letter sent Dentist89. it was sent through email. Am I missing something here??

haha i bet you guys think im lying or something now. im not, ive just worded every post badly so far haha. I am currently in 2nd year. My gpa first year was 4.0. I finished first semester of 2nd year with a 4.0 Im currently in my 2nd semester. So it wouldve been more correct to say "4.0 over 1 and a half years" but I thought Id simplify (and be optimistic about this semester which is brutal!)

As for the letter. Email, letter, you know what I mean. I was actually kind of suprised when I got the email, I thought all of this was done through letters in the mail!

Sorry for the confusion guys

Hey,

Did anyone ever figure out what is done to convert 4.0 to a percentage grade?

Since they have a copy of your transcript, they'll already have your percentage grade. So there's no need to convert from GPA to raw percentage.

All of my marks are given as percentages, but I'm wondering is 4.0 considered 95% (since it's anywhere from 90-100?). Just curious:)

Schools have their own formula, but I believe most schools use the OMSAS scale, whereby a 90% or higher in any course at UWO = 4.0

See for yourself at http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/pdf/c_omsas_b.pdf

haha i bet you guys think im lying or something now. im not, ive just worded every post badly so far haha. I am currently in 2nd year. My gpa first year was 4.0. I finished first semester of 2nd year with a 4.0 Im currently in my 2nd semester. So it wouldve been more correct to say "4.0 over 1 and a half years" but I thought Id simplify (and be optimistic about this semester which is brutal!)

As for the letter. Email, letter, you know what I mean. I was actually kind of suprised when I got the email, I thought all of this was done through letters in the mail!

Sorry for the confusion guys

What school are you at?

Hey,

Did anyone ever figure out what is done to convert 4.0 to a percentage grade? All of my marks are given as percentages, but I'm wondering is 4.0 considered 95% (since it's anywhere from 90-100?). Just curious:)

I think i heard they take the middle. so if an A is 80-89, you get an 85, A+ is 95, etc. not quite sure though

I think i heard they take the middle. so if an A is 80-89, you get an 85, A+ is 95, etc. not quite sure though

only at York is an 85 in the middle of 80 and 89...

Nice math program you have there ;)

just kidding!! don't yell at me like you all always do.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is how they do it..

only at York is an 85 in the middle of 80 and 89...

Nice math program you have there ;)

just kidding!! don't yell at me like you all always do.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is how they do it..

As I was writing it I was like "I know SOMEONE is going to make some comment about it not being 84.5 :D"

:D

Archived