Premed 101 Forums

Dating in Medical School

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow you're a lucky girl...I'm not gonna lie I'm a little jealous!lol

I'm so spoiled by my fiance, I can't even imagine handling dental school without him. Also, if we were to break up...well, first, I would have to actually start feeding myself, and I'm so not cool with that, but I could also never date a fellow professional student.

People talk about how it's nice to be with someone who understands what the life is like, but I don't think I could handle the competing priorities.

My man has a great career, but he didn't even flinch when I said we were moving for school. He just gave notice and set up job interviews for the next week and said it will be "refreshing" to have a change. Refreshing? Really?

He rocks my socks. I met him in high school, but years later we got acquainted through a mutual friend who was helping me with a fundraiser. We're getting married next summer at my mum's estate, and she's practically Martha Stewart so the whole thing will be pretty stress free for me. As long as there's a bonfire at the end I'll be happy.

I am rather impressed with those who manage to have successfull relationships with people of the same profession, in the medical industry. I can not imagine marrying and having kids with someone who worked as much as I did.

I have the same situation as you do malkynn, cept with gender reversal. My girlfriend is a godsend, and i dunno how I would find another relationship this good.

Archived