Do you smoke Marijuana?

Do you smoke marijuana?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke marijuana?

• Yes, it is great.
    • Yes, but only for social reasons.
    • No, but maybe in the future.
    • No, never.

I don't smoke it or do any other drugs (besides alcohol), but I still think all recreational drugs should be legalized. I don't have a problem with people who smoke marijuana, but I do have a problem with the ones who clearly have a substance abuse problem but refuse to admit it is in fact a problem.

How does their substance abuse problem transition into your problem?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does their substance abuse problem transition into your problem?

I think the person means that they have a problem when recreational drug use transitions from "fun" to addiction and all the terrible things that follow.

Its social responsibility not dissimilar from how its part of social responsibility to extend medical care and education to everyone. You don't want people to suffer. Drug addicts, be it cannabis or EtOH, do suffer in one way or another.

There are certain drugs that should not be legalised ever, MDMA, psychostimulants, and potentially some hallucinogenics.

Cannabis, mushrooms, and LSD should be legalised - from recreational use there is no neurological damage, no irreversible physiological changes as with repeated MDMA use, and they're not addictive.

Tobacco should be banned or opioids legalised.

/My take on it.

It's disappointing how many no, never votes there are. I'm a no, never person myself, but I can only hope that those who also don't partake still don't hold any prejudice towards those who do. One of these days we need to get our S together and legalize this stuff, and that's going to take the non-smokers' vote to get accomplished.

And it would not surprise me if a substantial amount of the "No, never"-crowd is thinking that those who do it are the ones who will be rejected... A few people I know have that mentality.

Cannabis, mushrooms, and LSD should be legalised - from recreational use there is no neurological damage, no irreversible physiological changes as with repeated MDMA use, and they're not addictive.

What a slippery slope you're treading on. But, anyway, I'm much too liberal to make a productive discussion out of this I think, and it's hardly the thread for it anyway.

And it would not surprise me if a substantial amount of the "No, never"-crowd is thinking that those who do it are the ones who will be rejected... A few people I know have that mentality.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. Some people are always looking for justification to look down their nose at people, especially the obnoxious brats that comprise a not insignificant portion of the premed demographic.

Some people are always looking for justification to look down their nose at people, especially the obnoxious brats that comprise a not insignificant portion of the premed demographic.
Generalizing much? What's your justification?

(... Although I agree with you completely on legalization and that stuff.)

I've smoked and have eaten cannabinoids. No big deal. It should be legalized. I saw some schizophrenic stuff earlier in the thread. I think marijuana can increase the risk of schizophrenic in people ALREADY susceptible to it - hastens time to first psychosis. I don't see why it should be illegal though unless you want to waste social resources finding and prosecuting users. Maybe it's just harder to administer taxes since you can just grow it? I think alcohol has a larger social burden, I've never seen any violence among high people in my life (but there is violence in the trade) but TONS of alcohol-related belligerence/domestic abuse/accidents...The LD50 for alcohol is ridiculously low vs. that of weed, so its not like toxicity is an issue (unless your weed has orange paraquat on it). Granted, weed can make you lazy and unambitious but your mileage may vary depending on your personality. I certainly don't need big brother telling me its right or wrong. Meh.

I've smoked and have eaten cannabinoids. No big deal. It should be legalized. I saw some schizophrenic stuff earlier in the thread. I think marijuana can increase the risk of schizophrenic in people ALREADY susceptible to it - hastens time to first psychosis. I don't see why it should be illegal though unless you want to waste social resources finding and prosecuting users. Maybe it's just harder to administer taxes since you can just grow it? I think alcohol has a larger social burden, I've never seen any violence among high people in my life (but there is violence in the trade) but TONS of alcohol-related belligerence/domestic abuse/accidents...The LD50 for alcohol is ridiculously low vs. that of weed, so its not like toxicity is an issue (unless your weed has orange paraquat on it). Granted, weed can make you lazy and unambitious but your mileage may vary depending on your personality. I certainly don't need big brother telling me its right or wrong. Meh.

tobacco???

Archived