Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I'm going to let the mid term go, but request changes for the final (in a neutral way) and see what they say. By the way, I have a very strong positive association with the prof you hate. :D The irony....

Which course is it? Hint at the prof. Or is it my arch nemesis thats teaching it? I may hate his guts but this doesn't seem like a mistake he would make.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which course is it? Hint at the prof. Or is it my arch nemesis thats teaching it? I may hate his guts but this doesn't seem like a mistake he would make.

See FB . Nah, he wouldn't make such a mistake. I've found him to be exceptionally friendly so far. :P

I'm sad atm, since one of my cats (who is only 3) has been diagnosed with feline HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). Both his parents had scanned negative for it, but sadly, it can still crop up in the breed. :( (He's a Sphynx, those funny hairless cats like Mr Bigglesworth from the Austin Powers movies). Fortunately, his only symptom is a heart murmur, so his HCM is mild, but still. :( It was cool to see the colour echocardiogram as the cardiologist was looking at his heart, but my cat sure didn't like being held still for the ECG. :(

Now I'm wanting to be a vet again, like I did when I was younger! :\ Needless to say, I'm trying to find all the information I can on HCM, and I made a donation towards Sphynx HCM research. Sadly, can't seem to find a feline cardiologist in Edmonton (we are moving there next month), but hopefully my little guy won't need one for the four years we're in Edmonton.

queens looks at summer grades? really? since when! :eek:

edit: nvm looked it up

you'll be ok anyways leon, hard work always pays off in the end :) don't let it get to you!

i just got back from the gym - the treadmill in the gym in this apartment building is really old and the display doesn't work so i have no idea of knowing how many calories i've burnt etc. but surprisingly this is working out very well for me - i think before when i saw i had reached a certain number i automatically thought that i was done, which is not good. yay for crappy treadmills lol

I only use the timer--to make sure I at least hit 20min (3x a day, mind you).

I only use the timer--to make sure I at least hit 20min (3x a day, mind you).

I bring a towel and cover the timer. On the road outside aor with the timer covered at the gym I can cover 10km at a good pace without even noticing. Put that blinking little digital second counter in front of me and it feels like 6 hours to make the first 100m. It also gives me an excuse to not forget to bring a towel.

For timing I just throw on a playlist of known length.

I bring a towel and cover the timer. On the road outside aor with the timer covered at the gym I can cover 10km at a good pace without even noticing. Put that blinking little digital second counter in front of me and it feels like 6 hours to make the first 100m. It also gives me an excuse to not forget to bring a towel.

I find that I'm "done" after 10min, so I force myself to 20. I blast the music (the treadmill is in my office) and if I can get a really good new "fav" then I can just give 'er for a long time ;)

The blinker reminds me... *RENIN* *FAT* *RENIN* *FAT*

*cry*

Renin, did you gain 20lbs in the past 3 months from eating too much cheesecakes, chocolate, Häagen-Daz, apple pies, etc.? No? Ok then. You're not fat. In fact you look like one of those stick bugs. You know the ones that camouflage as tree twigs? Yea. That one. :P

I just did 20 suicides (10 yard line) today followed by 40 pushups. I felt like throwing up for the next 30mins. Now THAT is fat.

I had my first ever personal training session yesterday. It was a lot of fun and i think the plan my trainer composed will be effective. I feel many muscle groups that were previously unbeknown to me. I sure hope it gets my past my weight loss plateau of the last...hmmm...3 years...lol

I am in dire need of a huge shake up to my workouts. My long lab hours are making it impossible to work out properly and eat healthy all the time. I mean, I still eat pretty healthy and work out at least 4x a week... but I want to get more hardcore with it again. I was in better shape 7 months ago than now!

I am in dire need of a huge shake up to my workouts. My long lab hours are making it impossible to work out properly and eat healthy all the time. I mean, I still eat pretty healthy and work out at least 4x a week... but I want to get more hardcore with it again. I was in better shape 7 months ago than now!

time for a trainer! sometimes you need outside advice and direction.

i also work out 4-5x a week, 1 hour each day, but i just keep fluctuating the same 5 lbs. I sure hope that with my new plan (weight training incorporating intervals) will shake me up enough.

Maybe you need a diet change, Law? Also...grad school is sometimes conducive to working out, if your prof doesn't mind you escaping to the gym while something incubates :D

time for a trainer! sometimes you need outside advice and direction.

i also work out 4-5x a week, 1 hour each day, but i just keep fluctuating the same 5 lbs. I sure hope that with my new plan (weight training incorporating intervals) will shake me up enough.

Maybe you need a diet change, Law? Also...grad school is sometimes conducive to working out, if your prof doesn't mind you escaping to the gym while something incubates :D

Oh, I know it's 100% a change in diet. I used to eat so healthy, >150g protein everyday, very little <15g of fat a day and I would cook for myself all the time. I'm not doing that now, eating out more and it's making it so hard to make sure I'm keeping up the diet I used to have. I gotta figure out a way to plan all my meals out.

My grad program is completely not conducive to working out. They want me in the lab all the time. That's not really my problem (that much), some weeks I'm too busy to work out all the time... but for the most part I am getting the work outs in (although, I am exhausted a lot of the time). My biggest problem, hands down, is diet. I know what to eat, I'm just struggling to prepare all my meals. That's why if I won the lottery, I'd hire a personal chef. :P

LOL, it doesn't make it easier that summer time makes ice cream even YUMMIER than it is during winter!

29 people at my dad's workplace are playing for a total of 60 numbers for this Friday's $50M jackpot. Lol, fun to watch.

__

I'm going to sleep now, for the first time in forever, without an alarm. YAY READING WEEK

cheesecakes, chocolate, Häagen-Daz, apple pies, etc.?
LOL, it doesn't make it easier that summer time makes ice cream even YUMMIER than it is during winter!

You guys are making me hungry!....

I think I hear some ice cream calling my name......

Haha, except now that skating is done for 6 weeks, I've got to make sure I either workout for the 2-3 hours I normally would be on the ice, or eat less... but let's face it, food (especially the stuff you guys just mentioned) is just too good to eat less of ;) Hehe... I workout to eat :P

That's why if I won the lottery, I'd hire a personal chef. :P

I'd hire Curtis Stone, but not to cook my meals for me ;) hehehe

And with the first overall pick... the Edmonton Oilers draft... Taylor Hall!

While I am slightly disappointed we didn't pick Seguin (I feel he is a better all round player), Hall is still a good choice and I hope he can help us in our rebuild! We probably won't win the Stanley Cup next year, but we will be a force to be reckoned with soon!!!! :D:D

Just cuz I have to;).... To all the Leafs fans of pm101... what's it feel like to be able to draft 1A in Tyler Seg..... oh wait... that went to Boston ;) hehehehehehehe

Archived