Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I begin my trip from Ottawa to Edmonton today. At least we are starting with a nice short drive today: only Ottawa to North Bay. We have no idea how the cats will react in the car, but we have a nice portable shelter thing for them to buckle into the back seat. Hopefully they won't meow the entire way. Both of our Sphynx have Siamese blood in them, and they have the Siamese voice to show for it. ;)

We got bed bugs in Nipigon. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Funny story - so I work with a Law Firm and one of the lawyers is handling a case for Toronto guy who lost a job because of Facebook.

His employer, a Christian radio station, creeped his profile and found his ratio of female to male friends to be despicable (He had way more girls than guys) so his boss sends him this long letter filled with bible quotes telling him they're going to pray for him... and he's fired... quoting only the number of girls and the profile pics some of them had as the main reason.

LOL that's hilarious! I know a ton of people who should be fired then :)

Silly shadowing story:

My black pencil skirt has this slit in it, and it split due to shoddy sewing. So... I needed to fix it. Tape was out of the question. Staples were looking promising... but I was in a hospital!

*sneak into ER* ... "Uh, can I borrow a suture?"

Simple, continuous saves the day!!!

GOT MY NEW SKATES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Finally! 4 months later (4-6 weeks my @$$). They had problems adjusting the blade one my one foot (seriosuly... like 20 times later... lol) and they think they finally got it, but I need to skate on it and come back if it isn't quite right. All in all it took about 2.5 hours from start to finish, but I finally have my new skates! :D

Almost. Hit. Moose.

:eek: Yikes! That could have done A LOT of damage. The only thing worse than hitting a moose is hitting a wild pig apparently.

I've been in a vehicle that's hit a couple birds and a wolverine. My dad's hit 2 deer before too... one alive... and one dead:p

Hitting a moose is extremely dangerous because of their size. The legs come through the windshield and a lot of injuries are do to the kicking--the animal, if hit by a small car, can actually get up and walk away.

I'm exhausted. Was driving from noon until 11 last night.

Damnit! I filled out my OSAP wrong and now they don't think I'm an ontario resident. I gotta mail them a letter defending my ontario residential status. Apparently this involves finding my landed immigration papers (I was like 8 yrs old...like I know where that is now), report cards from grade school, transcripts, previous residences, etc. Daaaammmnnnnnn!!! :mad:

Damnit! I filled out my OSAP wrong and now they don't think I'm an ontario resident. I gotta mail them a letter defending my ontario residential status. Apparently this involves finding my landed immigration papers (I was like 8 yrs old...like I know where that is now), report cards from grade school, transcripts, previous residences, etc. Daaaammmnnnnnn!!! :mad:

Oh damn that sucks. :( Sending you good vibes to get it corrected! lol.

You're screwed. OSAP is one the most disorganized bureaucracies. Look up the national studen loans centre and see if there is a way to amend the address field more easily.

I now know why my babies reacted so much worse to the MMR than any other immunization. Dang, that one hurts. And your arm just gets worse and worse for two days, until it finally starts to subside. I got my immunization on Wednesday and my arm still hurts, especially if you touch it. I hope I never have to get that one again.

I now know why my babies reacted so much worse to the MMR than any other immunization. Dang, that one hurts. And your arm just gets worse and worse for two days, until it finally starts to subside. I got my immunization on Wednesday and my arm still hurts, especially if you touch it. I hope I never have to get that one again.

John's entire thigh swelled up red-hot with that one. But I don't remember getting much of a reaction myself...and John seems to react to every shot (except the H1N1--my kids were the only ones, it seems, that did not get fevers from it).

Archived