Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I'm in Thunder Bay! :) So far the trip has been fairly smooth - the cats meow for the first half hour of the drive and then sleep the rest of the drive. So yay us. :) We took the first two days easy: Ottawa - North Bay, then North Bay - Sault Ste Marie. Today was the first "longer" day - Sault to Thunder Bay.

Had a minor hiccup when we got here though. Hotel we were booked into changed their policy on July 1st that pets could only stay in smoking rooms (we booked 3 months ago, since we knew we were doing this for our move). No thank you. So we had to scramble to find another nice pet-friendly hotel. We are now in a VERY nice, albeit older hotel, so all was sorted out.

Tomorrow is Thunder Bay to Winnipeg, then Winnipeg to Saskatoon, then Saskatoon to Edmonton.

And it appears my LUQ pain was either correctly diagnosed by the doctor at the walk-in since my pain has been much improved since starting the medication he gave me, or else it was simply the change in diet from Munich to Canada (but it was a LOT of pain for simply that, hence why I went to the doctor).

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer. :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally decided to buy flats :(

3" heels every day in clinic has changed my arches and I'm changing them back, damn it...

Now heels are only for special days. *sigh*

I've never been able to wear heels for any length of time. Sensible flats for me all the way. I just don't have the balance for heels higher then 2" :rolleyes:

I only wear heels for...ahem...one purpose. :D

:D :D :D

Why Women Love Shoes

Provided by Cosmopolitan

Sexual Heeling

"When a woman wears them' date=' she assumes a primal mating pose called lordosis," says Fisher. "Her butt lifts, and her back arches."

[/quote']

http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/fashion-beauty/articles/archive/shine-cosmopolitan/1985270

Dee call: 1 888 815-4514

National student loans centre.... tell them what happened and how you're worried it'll affect your loan eligibility and maybe they can help find a sol'n.

Thanks Law. Will try that next week.

Leaving to kingston soon. Going to a research station to test out this software I've been developing for the past month. :D

And I just realized something...I don't know the address of the place. I should try to find that out in the next hour or so....

EDIT: Found it. Or at least the website:http://www.queensu.ca/biology/qubs.html. Funny enough the "featured researcher" is my labmate that I developed the program for. :)

Yay shoes! I got these (both in black)

ST31199.JPGST26144.JPG

I showed my husband both pairs and he was like "oh, nice" and when I asked him which pair he liked better he said "Well they're pretty much the same aren't they? They're both black" :rolleyes: Men just don't understand.

I finally decided to buy flats :(

3" heels every day in clinic has changed my arches and I'm changing them back, damn it...

Now heels are only for special days. *sigh*

I love wearing heels! The only problems for me are a) finding ones that actually fit my little feet and B) after buying them and wearing them a few times, not having them continuously fall off my feet.

I can't figure out how people can drive in heels... if I'm wearing heels, I have my flip flops along with me in the car for when I get in and need to drive! lol. I also don't like how you can hear every step I take in them... I like being inconspicuous... and heels make me feel very... conspicuous?. So I don't wear them as often as I'd like.

That's what the 6" ones are for. LOL. I can't walk in those!!! :P

I tried on a pair of those for the hell of it one day- and I found it so easy to walk in them! I also felt tall for the first time in my life! haha. If they hadn't been like 3 sizes too big I think I would have bought them....

ST31199.JPGST26144.JPG

I showed my husband both pairs and he was like "oh, nice" and when I asked him which pair he liked better he said "Well they're pretty much the same aren't they? They're both black" :rolleyes: Men just don't understand.

I like the 2nd ones.

Is anyone else aware of the Giant Hogweed that's supposedly invading Ontario? Its sap causes blindness, I think.
I think all the media coverage is an overreaction. The plant has been in Ontario for 20+ years and most people have been found to be immume to the sap's effects. Just don't go rubbing random plant sap into your eyes and you'll be fine.

I like the 2nd ones.

I think all the media coverage is an overreaction. The plant has been in Ontario for 20+ years and most people have been found to be immume to the sap's effects. Just don't go rubbing random plant sap into your eyes and you'll be fine.

What? But I do that all the time :( You're ruining all my fun :(

Considering it's GIANT hogweed.... if you see a GIANT plant somewhere (that isn't a tree) just stay away from it:rolleyes:...

Although... I suppose you'd run into a problem if the hogweed hasn't reached its GIANTness yet;)

Hehe

I've never been able to wear heels for any length of time. Sensible flats for me all the way. I just don't have the balance for heels higher then 2" :rolleyes:

Since fracturing my L2 vertebra, I can only wear flats.

I wear heels only when I'm forced to wear Formal wear, like for some of my husband's formal mixed Mess Dinners or other formal military occasions. Even then, the heels I wear are pretty "short" - 2" as well. ;) I'm 5'6", so pretty average height - neither short nor tall. So while wearing heels would be nice, I don't feel the need to make myself too much taller. ;)

In other news, we have arrived in Winnipeg. I'm tired and grumpy, but I have yummy German beer that my husband picked up at the Liquor store, so it's all good. ;) I was actually born near Winnipeg (Selkirk, Manitoba) and spent the first 8 years of my life in Winnipeg, so it's kinda like "coming home." I still have a bunch of aunts, uncles and cousins who live here.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have very "odd" feet - super-wide (like EE width) yet very high arches (most women with very wide feet have flat feet). So finding dressy shoes that fit is next-to-impossible. New Balance is the only company that makes running shoes I can wear - I credit them for my ability to run marathons and half-marathons, since I need a super-wide neutral running shoes. Other running companies only make their flat-foot shoes in wide widths, which are the exact opposite of what I need. I'm a freak. lol

What? But I do that all the time :( You're ruining all my fun :(

Considering it's GIANT hogweed.... if you see a GIANT plant somewhere (that isn't a tree) just stay away from it:rolleyes:...

Although... I suppose you'd run into a problem if the hogweed hasn't reached its GIANTness yet;)

Hehe

MAN!!!!! I do that too!!!! *WIPEWIPEWIPE*

ST31199.JPGST26144.JPG

Oooh, I like those... I just bought a pair of un.pumps:

85082M.jpg

Archived