Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ick, don't like Grasshopper.

Was introduced to some good Belgium beer a few weeks ago...experienced a Hoegaarden and man was it tasty :D

Belgian beer is very good - almost as good as German beer. ;) Hoegaarden is quite nice.

I'm also delighted that we've managed to find one of my absolutely favourite Bavarian beers at a couple of the liquor stores here in Edmonton - Erdinger Dunkel Weissbier. It's pricey here, so I won't be drinking it a lot, but when I get a craving for some, I know it's available.

NewfieMike, go try Wild Rose beer. In fact, you're in Calgary, go to their pub. It is located by the Currie Barracks.

I am not a big fan of Big Rock beers...but I <3 Wild Rose.

I really only like the Grasshöpper from Big Rock - but I'm a fan of wheat beers in general. :) Finally found some Wild Rose today, so bought a six pack to try. :)

thanks for the tip LostLamb. I had Wild Rose the last time I was out here--and I thought it was great.

I can't say that I dislike any of the WR beers...they are all unique and good in their own way. I know it sounds girly, but I do enjoy their wrasperry ale...it's like a dessert beer! My other favorite WR would be the wred wheat, but seriously...they are all good.

Iam very jealous of Jochi....Lady Gaga...*sigh*....hope you have fun at the Monster Ball!!!

Man, what a week. This is, quite possibly, the worst move yet. After a last minute struggle with mortgage approval and some ***** behavior on the seller's part, we're finally IN.

Amazingly, Rogers came and set up internet just 3 hours after calling!

And now the real fun begins....

Man, what a week. This is, quite possibly, the worst move yet. After a last minute struggle with mortgage approval and some ***** behavior on the seller's part, we're finally IN.

Glad you made it in - I hate moving.

Wow, that's amazing about Rogers!

I have to admit, I was quite impressed with how quickly Telus set up our TV and internet here in Edmonton.

Good luck with the rest of the move!

I can't say that I dislike any of the WR beers...they are all unique and good in their own way. I know it sounds girly, but I do enjoy their wrasperry ale...it's like a dessert beer! My other favorite WR would be the wred wheat, but seriously...they are all good.

We picked up their IPA - a little too bitter for my liking, but still a nice beer. I will have to look for their wred wheat (I LOVE wheat beers - Upper Canada Wheat was my favourite in Guelph) and the wraspberry ale - sounds like a lot of the fruity Belgian beers that are very nice. :)

I dig that I haven't been online for hours and you guys are still talking about beer. I love this place.

That being said, I'll miss you all for a few weeks as my new place has no interwebz yet. I'll be all done moving in by dinner-time tomorrow! So pumped! This is my first place that's been all mine! No roomies, no boyfriends, NOTHING! Just ME! Everybody can come visit, BTW.

Leon: glad your move went well!!! haha. :P It's always like that the first time.

So, I went to Harbourfront late last night and being the loser that I am, I wanted to take a picture of the CN Tower and tried to catch the ship as well (yeah, I was trying to be artistic), and I almost fell into the water. LMAO. It was a close call.

This week half sucked, half didn't. Either way, I'm glad it's over.

First week of med school over! I made it late to most of the lectures (including the small groups), slept for at least 5 mins through a lot of them, and have no idea wtf is going on in general. In a lot of ways this reminds me of high school more than undergrad. :)

I also realize I need to get my knee looked at....in the US. ON healthcare system took literally the whole summer to look at my knee and came up with nothing. And with the amount of walking I do in dt MTL its really pissing me off. :mad:

Leon: glad your move went well!!! haha. :P It's always like that the first time.

So, I went to Harbourfront late last night and being the loser that I am, I wanted to take a picture of the CN Tower and tried to catch the ship as well (yeah, I was trying to be artistic), and I almost fell into the water. LMAO. It was a close call.

This week half sucked, half didn't. Either way, I'm glad it's over.

Damn, you could've used a good soaking... :P

Apparently you now need to pay Rogers $5 a month to HAVE A PASSWORD ON YOUR WIRELESS MODEM. I'm going to talk to them and see if they will give it for free- else I'm cancelling. This is robbery in bright daylight.

Damn, you could've used a good soaking... :P

Apparently you now need to pay Rogers $5 a month to HAVE A PASSWORD ON YOUR WIRELESS MODEM. I'm going to talk to them and see if they will give it for free- else I'm cancelling. This is robbery in bright daylight.

Why do you need a password on your modem?

Archived