Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I had a similar experience in Calgary, and I believe it would have never happened in Toronto OR Ottawa. I bought a nice plush chair (not too big) and I figured I could fit it in the back of my coupe with the backseats folded down. No can do, the trunk/backwindow couldn't come down close enough for me to drive safely--it looked like i could pop out my rear window...and I had to take the Deerfoot home (100km+). A guy and his wife turn in with a van, try to help me rearrange the chair, realize it isn't going to work, and they offer to drive it to my house! They were doing south of the city and I lived on the west side. It was such a nice thing to do and helped me out immensely! You'd never ever ever get such an offer in Ottawa...people just don't have time there for others.

That's so nice! I was also helped out by random people in the Ikea Calgary parking lot. I was trying to fit my massive desk into my car, but the backseat was stuck and wouldn't fold down. A guy and his wife saw me struggling and the guy showed me how to fix the backseat and then hauled my desk into my trunk.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's so nice! I was also helped out by random people in the Ikea Calgary parking lot. I was trying to fit my massive desk into my car, but the backseat was stuck and wouldn't fold down. A guy and his wife saw me struggling and the guy showed me how to fix the backseat and then hauled my desk into my trunk.

That's great! I really miss Calgary. The people there were so nice. Edmonton is not giving me the same vibes :(

I don't know how to spell the word "lisence". I can seriously never get this word.

Then again, I got a note today from a guy about his "Jeep Chererokee."

And I know this is old, but it's making me laugh again today. I think you can watch it many, many times and still get something new:

Thanks for the encouragement (everybody). In case you guys are wondering, his lab needs a database admin (it's a co-op job). It's supposed be a senior level (i.e. 3rd/4th year) position, but I've just started second year hence the underqualified comment.

leap: The UW printers are notorious for bugging out at the worst possible times. Being in CS, I can tell you the probability of having a computer issue asymptocally approaches 1 as the related assignment deadline approaches. Invest in your own printer, if you can (multifunctions are awesome; being able to scan crap at home saves so much time).

Thanks for the heads up synergy!!! I've learned my lesson. It takes forever to print there. It's not like York. ONE thing that is better at York in comparison to Loo. lol. Don't you wish you had a portable printer? lol.

So glad that you experienced the kindness of strangers. Imagine! People out there who are willing to do something for others without expecting anything in return! :)

I had a similar experience in Calgary, and I believe it would have never happened in Toronto OR Ottawa. I bought a nice plush chair (not too big) and I figured I could fit it in the back of my coupe with the backseats folded down. No can do, the trunk/backwindow couldn't come down close enough for me to drive safely--it looked like i could pop out my rear window...and I had to take the Deerfoot home (100km+). A guy and his wife turn in with a van, try to help me rearrange the chair, realize it isn't going to work, and they offer to drive it to my house! They were doing south of the city and I lived on the west side. It was such a nice thing to do and helped me out immensely! You'd never ever ever get such an offer in Ottawa...people just don't have time there for others.

So great to see the acts of complete strangers! I'm thinking of buying a hot chocolate to the woman that drove me to see that house. It just happens that she was also the person in charge of the housing for grads in the Waterloo area. I didn't even know this, until I googled the community centre and saw her name. Maybe that's some kind of a sign?!?!?!

I continue to look for a new place. I'm going to see 2 more places next week. I JUST WANT TO FIND A NORMAL PLACE!!!! Jeez.

Leap also has a 30 page paper due next week - I found out yesterday. I thought my supervisor was going to say it's supposed to be 10 pages. He's like "Well, 30 pages would be good... maybe 40... but no more than 40". HOLY. But experiment is WAY too cool. So, I'll get on that. lol.

AWESOME day. Sadly can't enjoy it but it's ok.

Conversation with relative today:

Relative: Don't drive on the highway when you're fasting

Me: ?

Relative: Your blood sugar will be too low

Me: .................................

Starting to talk like future_doc in the 3rd person?:P ...............

:D

LMAO. Loved the videos. Reminds me of good ol' days. :D

I came here to dance dance dance dance dance. First time out for 4 months. Do girls routinely try to put there finger up your ass at the club now? I know I've been outta the game for while but that was a strange enoucnter. Side note - I so miss being drunk It's bee almost 1/2 of a year.

LMAO. Oh man, you need to get out more. And no, girls don't usually try to put their finger up a guy's ass.... lol... Now I wonder where the hell you went...lol.

I came here to dance dance dance dance dance. First time out for 4 months. Do girls routinely try to put there finger up your ass at the club now? I know I've been outta the game for while but that was a strange enoucnter. Side note - I so miss being drunk It's bee almost 1/2 of a year.

It's 'cause you didn't have goose covering your 6...

Side note- did you try singing "you've lost that lovin' feeling?" I've seen you play that game before... usually works out in the end.

Archived