Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I have to make a decision. Someone want to pick for me: IP or OOP?

Well, you should probably wait until the last minute to make the decision... :P

In seriousness, if you think you might want to get out of your shell and explore something new, go OOP. I think I would, but I love traveling.

-You get to start from scratch

-You get to learn a new city

-You force yourself out of your comfort zone, which is a great skill to have

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree, i wish i left my home town for med and if i would have got a straight acceptance from my non hometown school instead of a last minute one i totally would have, but there's a billion factors to consider that only you know so... the best advice is ur own advice :P

Well, you should probably wait until the last minute to make the decision... :P

In seriousness, if you think you might want to get out of your shell and explore something new, go OOP. I think I would, but I love traveling.

-You get to start from scratch

-You get to learn a new city

-You force yourself out of your comfort zone, which is a great skill to have

Holy crap last night got out of hand. Ended up at Dennys at 5am with 4 randoms from the club and my buddy.

Everything..hurts...

Dennys is open at 5am?! (it's sad that this is the first thing I noticed about this post)

Between friday and this morning, I think I've spend a total of 5 hours at my house. Amazing weekend.

Holy crap!

The reporter was so shocked, not surprisingly.

oh my god!

A former client of mine from my marketing days just sent me a product from their catalog - an Einstein Bobblehead!!!

LOL

They know I was studying physics right now in prep for school in the fall so they thought this was appropriate for the situation LMAO

So happy :D

post-21415-140744795099_thumb.jpg

Hectic morning. Booked an appointment with my GP today at 1:30 PM to go over my immunization records. I went to go print off the immunization forms from UBC's acceptance package only to find out that I ran out of black ink. It was 1:10 PM when I realised this so I had to book it to the nearest Staples and buy black ink, then go back to my house, install the cartridge, and print off the forms. I managed to get to the doctor's office by 1:32 PM driving like a maniac. :cool:

Anyway, the doctor told me I had most of the immunizations except that he didn't have a record for Hep B, which should be with my parents since I got it at school, and chickenpox. Apparently I never had the chickenpox disease or the vaccination. Uh oh. :confused:

Hectic morning. Booked an appointment with my GP today at 1:30 PM to go over my immunization records. I went to go print off the immunization forms from UBC's acceptance package only to find out that I ran out of black ink. It was 1:10 PM when I realised this so I had to book it to the nearest Staples and buy black ink, then go back to my house, install the cartridge, and print off the forms. I managed to get to the doctor's office by 1:32 PM driving like a maniac. :cool:

Anyway, the doctor told me I had most of the immunizations except that he didn't have a record for Hep B, which should be with my parents since I got it at school, and chickenpox. Apparently I never had the chickenpox disease or the vaccination. Uh oh. :confused:

Mith, if your parents don't have your record for Hep B you should check with the public health unit where you went to elementary school and high school...

i'm reading the outsider by albert camus in a cafe, and i instantly feel the urge to smoke, something about french existentialist literature must go hand in hand with smoking because i've had more cigarettes in the last few hours than i have in the last 2 months

Mith, if your parents don't have your record for Hep B you should check with the public health unit where you went to elementary school and high school...

Yeah, I tried calling earlier but they didn't pick up so I shot them off an email. I'll have to talk with my parents later tonight when they come home.

On another note, I'm trying to get with this girl who got accepted into UBC dent. Asked her to come watch a Canucks game with me at a pub on FB since I don't have her number yet. No reply yet but I'm hopeful. :rolleyes:

Just a thought- is giving 6 weeks notice to my employer enough time? :D

PPB- abut to go into effect imminently!

I gavemine 10 weeks but i also held an executive positiion so i participated in finding my replacement.

2 is standard unless your contract specifies otherwise but depending on the position you hold more would definitely be encouraged. When in doubt speak about it with your employer.

I gavemine 10 weeks but i also held an executive positiion so i participated in finding my replacement.

2 is standard unless your contract specifies otherwise but depending on the position you hold more would definitely be encouraged. When in doubt speak about it with your employer.

1. My employer is my partner of 7 yrs

2. I told him a year ago to find a replacement and so far, zero

Soooo..... lol

Archived