Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Cool on the view. :) Yuck on the conditions. :( That's the one nice thing about having a treadmill at home - I can set the thermostat and the TV to what I want, so the time passes quickly if I need to run on the treadmill. Still, I'd much rather run outdoors, and will run anywhere from -20C to about +25C out. But if it's icy, or if it's really hot and humid out, or below -20, I'll choose the treadmill. Just safer all around, especially for anything over about 10 miles. (I'll do shorter runs outside in the summer when it's hot and humid, but not the really long stuff.)

Thats the same with me, but I don't mind the ice too much. Yay snow spikes!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah: and everything I have is technical fabrics. I sweat so much, even when it's freezing out, that the wicking is a life saver!

I second this. Actually, after running outside all winter, I am finding the spring rather uncomfortably hot for running.

:confused:

When it's really cold, do you still use the same running shoes? I think the coldest I've run in is around -10, maybe -15, but I just wear my normal running capris with warmer socks and more layers on the top. I need to invest in some cold weather running gear for next year. I can't run in humid weather for long, I have exercise-induced asthma so it gets bad really quickly.

I don't run in running shoes, I use 'footies' (if that is what they are called), basically they are running socks with grip and extra padding on the bottom. I generally don't run when it is cold out, usually i only run outside when in it above 5 Celsius because I hate the cold air in my lungs.

I don't run in running shoes' date=' I use 'footies' (if that is what they are called), basically they are running socks with grip and extra padding on the bottom. I generally don't run when it is cold out, usually i only run outside when in it above 5 Celsius because I hate the cold air in my lungs.[/quote']

Yes I've seen 'footies' before but I don't think I could run in them myself. I switched to trainers last summer and it made a huge difference. They seem to work really well for my feet with just enough support for my one barely-there arch and messed up ankle.

Yes I've seen 'footies' before but I don't think I could run in them myself. I switched to trainers last summer and it made a huge difference. They seem to work really well for my feet with just enough support for my one barely-there arch and messed up ankle.

I only wear footies because i have wide feet and runners hurt the sides of my feet when I run for a prolong period of time. So it is more of a necessity..

So I'm in Kelowna for an ID rotation and I'm staying in the med student/resident houses they have available. I paid $540 for the month I'm here, and the place is completely furnished - great deal right?

But wait, there's more. The place is a FREAKING mansion! It's gotta be over 2000 sq. ft., I've got the master suite which means my own private bathroom, shower, and jacuzzi tub. It's also one block from Kelowna General so it's incredibly convient too. Did I mention that I'm the ONLY one here for an entire week until two female med students show up?

Oh, and as I'm writing this 6 smoking hot girls just rollerbladed past my place. I love this place!

Edit - Any PM101s in Ktown this month?

So this week has been real crap :( A really big smokin' pile of it :(

My parents are separating :(

It's really really hard to focus on studying or anything with that at the back of your head. I'm so surprised my exams on Saturday went as well as they did considering Wednesday and Thursday I couldn't do anything and Friday I still had 350ish pages left to cover (ie my first time through). I managed to get through it on Friday. I didn't even skate on Thursday or Friday (or work for that matter), I was just so upset and sad and mad and everything I could barely motivate myself to get out of bed. I knew they were fighting, but I didn't realize it would come to that. I'm so very very sad :(

I should get back at it. I need to get through at least one chapter tonight before I go to bed. Another exam on Tuesday. 225 pages to get through before then. At least half of them are endocrine and immune stuff. Those should be easy to get through (I hope).

So this week has been real crap :( A really big smokin' pile of it :(

My parents are separating :(

It's really really hard to focus on studying or anything with that at the back of your head. I'm so surprised my exams on Saturday went as well as they did considering Wednesday and Thursday I couldn't do anything and Friday I still had 350ish pages left to cover (ie my first time through). I managed to get through it on Friday. I didn't even skate on Thursday or Friday (or work for that matter), I was just so upset and sad and mad and everything I could barely motivate myself to get out of bed. I knew they were fighting, but I didn't realize it would come to that. I'm so very very sad :(

I should get back at it. I need to get through at least one chapter tonight before I go to bed. Another exam on Tuesday. 225 pages to get through before then. At least half of them are endocrine and immune stuff. Those should be easy to get through (I hope).

So sorry. It must be so hard right now, just try to hang in there..

I ran a half marathon yesterday. My first "big" race ever and I thought I was doing well until someone tripped me from behind and I fell on the bridge comming in from Quebec. So I ran the last ~5k with a lovely cut on my arm. Battle wound makes me think I'm a serious runner. lol

I ran a half marathon yesterday. My first "big" race ever and I thought I was doing well until someone tripped me from behind and I fell on the bridge comming in from Quebec. So I ran the last ~5k with a lovely cut on my arm. Battle wound makes me think I'm a serious runner. lol

Ouch! Congratulations on the half! :)

You're scaring me now. Get better. :(

:( Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, I'm feeling better today. That was probably the sickest I've been in about 10 years.

Oh and cb- I hope you are ok... Must be an incredibly difficult thing to go through.

I was so excited for Glee tomorrow. Then I remembered they're on a break until the Fall.

Hmph.

P.S. this means great things for members I have annoyed with my Gleecaps.

lol! I'm on break for Grey's, though I still haven't watched the finale.

I finally got my new Nexus S today, sweet phone :) Now to call up my phone/isp/tv company to cancel my landline just before my billing period starts in 2 days!

Im actually recovering from a concussion I suffered 8 days ago when helping a friend with some construction. Great way to celebrate a med school acceptance!

It's so you can experience the patient side before becoming a doc! :P

Kidding aside, I hope you're feeling better, concussions are never fun.

Archived