Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My cat has been non-stop purring on my lap all morning

How cute.

Whilst my cat decided to sneak into one of the bedrooms (figured out how to open the door, don't ask!) and peed on the bed. Again. Thank goodness we learned from the first few times this has happened to outfit ALL mattresses with mattresspads that have a waterproof backing. Grrrr...damn cat. He's in the sin bin for now.

Whilst my cat decided to sneak into one of the bedrooms (figured out how to open the door, don't ask!) and peed on the bed. Again. Thank goodness we learned from the first few times this has happened to outfit ALL mattresses with mattresspads that have a waterproof backing. Grrrr...damn cat. He's in the sin bin for now.

Oh no! What a brat cat.

Is he otherwise healthy?

Went to Ceilis, an Irish pub in downtown today. Problem being I could barely focus on the game and my friend's group of female friends around me because I was thinking about a girl from my program I've been infatuated with for about 4 months. Long story short, this girl keeps making up excuses not to come out with me to watch a game together and today I just texted her saying that if she can contact me if she ever has the free time and wants to hang out. So frustrating. I hate trying to forge a relationship because it always feels like I've failed in some regards.

Went to Ceilis, an Irish pub in downtown today. Problem being I could barely focus on the game and my friend's group of female friends around me because I was thinking about a girl from my program I've been infatuated with for about 4 months. Long story short, this girl keeps making up excuses not to come out with me to watch a game together and today I just texted her saying that if she can contact me if she ever has the free time and wants to hang out. So frustrating. I hate trying to forge a relationship because it always feels like I've failed in some regards.

even though I don't know the specifics, it sounds like you could do either two things;

1) man up and ask her on a legit date, no wishy-washy "let's hang out business" if you actually like her

2) move on

relationships are tough things, but sometimes you gotta take a risk! good luck with this lady. you're a doctor-in-training now, it should be easy to pick up haha

Avoiding you for 4 months? That's kind of long..........unless she REALLY hates games

Looks like she doesn't like you brah.

Life goes on, find another girl

Also, I'm wearing glasses for the first time since I started wearing contacts 4 years ago... so strange... I don't like it :/

You know what I find hilarious.

When people put stuff on the internetz about their GPA's or EC's or MCAT scores and then say- this was my worst year ever! terrible year! stinky year! I wouldn't give this mark to my worst enemy!

And it's 3.3 or 3.2 or 3.4 or or a 32R. A "normal" university student would explode with joy over those grades, but not premeds. They puke on numbers like that.

I don't have a problem with people who do it, hell I'm pretty sure I'd say the same thing if I talked about grades. Just think it's funny that we feel the need to explain away any sort of "deviations" from perfection.

When people put stuff on the internetz about their GPA's or EC's or MCAT scores and then say- this was my worst year ever! terrible year! stinky year! I wouldn't give this mark to my worst enemy!

And it's 3.3 or 3.2 or 3.4 or or a 32R. A "normal" university student would explode with joy over those grades, but not premeds. They puke on numbers like that.

I don't have a problem with people who do it, hell I'm pretty sure I'd say the same thing if I talked about grades. Just think it's funny that we feel the need to explain away any sort of "deviations" from perfection.

Blame the system Hking. They turn us in the monsters we hunt at night.

A types who deal with failure very poorly but better learn to deal with it because as a physician not everything will be a success.

even though I don't know the specifics, it sounds like you could do either two things;

1) man up and ask her on a legit date, no wishy-washy "let's hang out business" if you actually like her

2) move on

relationships are tough things, but sometimes you gotta take a risk! good luck with this lady. you're a doctor-in-training now, it should be easy to pick up haha

:) Yeah; just ask - what's the worst she can do? She's not me. She won't kick ya!!!

2) move on

Well, she knows I like her because I told her at my convocation on Monday that I like her. My exact words were "I really like you and I want to get to know you better. Do you think I can get your number so we can set up something at a pub?" After which she (reluctantly, it looked like) gave me her number.

Avoiding you for 4 months? That's kind of long..........unless she REALLY hates games
We used to be pretty good friends and she was one of the first people I met in university, but she didn't avoid me for 4 months. That's just how long I've started to really like her. We used to study together and collaborate and all that. Now I potentially lost a friendship, too. She's going into UBC dentistry so we'll have classes together in August, but I'm just waiting for potential awkwardness if I bump into her.

Today I got up out of bed late and started walking with the wrong foot. Worst morning ever. I blame communism.

Well, she knows I like her because I told her at my convocation on Monday that I like her. My exact words were "I really like you and I want to get to know you better. Do you think I can get your number so we can set up something at a pub?" After which she (reluctantly, it looked like) gave me her number.

We used to be pretty good friends and she was one of the first people I met in university, but she didn't avoid me for 4 months. That's just how long I've started to really like her. We used to study together and collaborate and all that. Now I potentially lost a friendship, too. She's going into UBC dentistry so we'll have classes together in August, but I'm just waiting for potential awkwardness if I bump into her.

Here's what you do.

Go get a trench coat. Bring your ipod and some speakers. Go knock on her door and play the music for her that you feel in your heart...

That should take all the potential awkwardness away if you bump into her.

It will most likely result in permanent awkwardness and a restraining order, but it would be pretty epic.

Also, the way you asked her out could have added to it because the message isn't entirely clear.

I really like you, let's get to know each other at a pub. That might send the mixed signals like, I like you... but I don't really like you... hence the drunk idiots around us.

Try and ask her to go on a date. For dinner. At a nice restaurant. Don't say it's a celebration of med/dents or grad or anything. Just say- I like you, I'd like to take you out for dinner.

Mith- you're a stud. Don't forget that.

Also, the way you asked her out could have added to it because the message isn't entirely clear.

I really like you, let's get to know each other at a pub. That might send the mixed signals like, I like you... but I don't really like you... hence the drunk idiots around us.

Try and ask her to go on a date. For dinner. At a nice restaurant. Don't say it's a celebration of med/dents or grad or anything. Just say- I like you, I'd like to take you out for dinner.

I was just about to post something similar.

Be direct when asking her out.

I was more direct after I got her number and texted her. Asked if I could take her out on Wednesday (last night), which she couldn't do because she was working at a lab and was watching the game with her friends afterwards, and Saturday for game 2, which she couldn't do because she was volunteering. I'm going to assume those are valid reasons instead of excuses to avoid me, so at that point I left it open-ended and gave her the option of deciding when she was free and able to come out with me.

Go get a trench coat. Bring your ipod and some speakers. Go knock on her door and play the music for her that you feel in your heart...

I take it you're a sucker for john cusack in 'say anything'? haha

yeah, sorry to break it to you mith but this chick is not interested. you've directly asked her out twice apparently and she hasn't reciprocated or tried to come up with another day you could meet up. cut your losses, act friendly when you see her in person and move on.

my advice: go to a bar, buy a hot chick a drink and ask the bartender to say it came from a doctor ;) haha

I take it you're a sucker for john cusack in 'say anything'? haha

yeah, sorry to break it to you mith but this chick is not interested. you've directly asked her out twice apparently and she hasn't reciprocated or tried to come up with another day you could meet up. cut your losses, act friendly when you see her in person and move on.

my advice: go to a bar, buy a hot chick a drink and ask the bartender to say it came from a doctor ;) haha

OH dear lord!

Okay. :(

10char

Archived