Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expected Green Lantern to be an awful movie. It's an awful concept to begin with. You can make anything you want in the world and you make a gigantic fist to pummel your enemy every single time.

HAHAHAHA; I so thought that it wasn't going to end with "enemy every single time" ...

So I was watching TV tonight and a commercial came on for someone's new CD and the voice I heard was stunning. Completely stunning. And then I heard them say the person's age... And I was in disbelief. I haven't heard a voice like this.... Um. Ever. And I listen to a lot of different music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfqv1jiV_mY

Apparently she was on America's Got Talent last year (ha- I guess I'm behind the times a little :o). She only finished second though, which completely shocks me. To have that voice at 11 years old... Wow. Just wow.

So I was watching TV tonight and a commercial came on for someone's new CD and the voice I heard was stunning. Completely stunning. And then I heard them say the person's age... And I was in disbelief. I haven't heard a voice like this.... Um. Ever. And I listen to a lot of different music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfqv1jiV_mY

Apparently she was on America's Got Talent last year (ha- I guess I'm behind the times a little :o). She only finished second though, which completely shocks me. To have that voice at 11 years old... Wow. Just wow.

Oh yes, I remember seeing her on the show last year. What an absolutely amazing voice! How can someone 10-11 years old sing like that? Wow!

Check out her duet with Sarah Brightman if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qecULT01iE

Just got back from my honeymoon in Costa Rica! Soooo Awesome! :)

Now to settle into my temporary home, finish UBC stuff, get back to work, lots to do but it's all so awesome and exciting.

I saw so many cool animals in Costa Rica, to name a few: Eyelash pit vipers, fer de lance vipers, boa constrictors, poison dart frogs (blue jeans/strawberry), toucans, monkeys (howler and white face), sloths (2 and 3 toe), iguanas, green basilisks, coati's, kinkajous, etc etc etc. SO SWEET! My wife and I did a bunch of incredible excursions :)

Just the limitations of Ryan Reynold's mind.

Costa Rica sounds wonderful!

a few friends had pre-screening passes to Green Lantern.. they all said they were ready to walk out within the first 20 minutes

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't fantastic, but that's the problem with comic books that aren't familiar to the average viewer.

Plus, Blake lively shouldn't have been castin it.

The other issue is that it is an origin story so you have to fill in way too much. The story was fairly predictable, but I wouldn't say it was walkout worthy.

Let's hope they are able to flesh out the plot in the sequel (provided this makes enough money) and have a more defined bad guy...

Oh and mac- if you insult Ryan Reynolds again I will personally contact steve jobs and ensure you are recalled and have your hard drive formatted... :|

Series of events:

1. Room-mate needs baseball glove.

2. My room is open. I'm not home.

3. $350 baseball glove I recieved as gift when I was 16 is on shelf. It's broken-in but well taken care of.

4. Room-mate borrows glove.

5. Room-mate loses glove in span of one hour.

6. I come home on edge from stressful week and wary of an upcoming stressful week.

7. Events 1-5 become clear.

8. Room-mate offers to pay for glove. I'm upset because of sentimental loss. Must hatch Khan-like revenge plot.

9. I explain price of glove.

10. Room-mate attempts to argue glove has depreciated in value.

11. Room-mate then rants that I have no reason to have such an expensive glove since I haven't played organized baseball in a few years.

12. Room-mate then proceeds to jibe me about glove being too small (I have small hands) rest of night.

13. I go to sleep angry and wake up with body-wide urticaria. Allergic reaction to new detergent.

14. Find out my mom's done something bat-**** insane (affecting me), again.

15. Venting anger.

Sigh.

Hahahaha. Thanks guys. Sorry about the *****-fest. The past two days have been crazy stressful and I don't like complaining to friends in-person. I'm kinda guilty of using this thread to primarily vent when something ****ty happens.

The crazy thing is, I try to be this "Nah, don't sweat it guy" when somebody screws up or costs me money, and I hate being sentimental about physical objects (don't want to turn into a hoarder, haha). The glove, though, just somehow hits a soft spot. Probably reminds me of my childhood.

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't fantastic, but that's the problem with comic books that aren't familiar to the average viewer.

The other issue is that it is an origin story so you have to fill in way too much. The story was fairly predictable, but I wouldn't say it was walkout worthy.

Let's hope they are able to flesh out the plot in the sequel (provided this makes enough money) and have a more defined bad guy...

Oh and mac- if you insult Ryan Reynolds again I will personally contact steve jobs and ensure you are recalled and have your hard drive formatted... :|

green-lantern-movie-image-ryan-reynolds-chaingun-01-600x252-175x175.jpg

K not JUST a big fist. He has the power to make anything in his mind and a death machine isn't bad...

And Lord Jobs has already sent me an update package k thx ;)

So I was watching TV tonight and a commercial came on for someone's new CD and the voice I heard was stunning. Completely stunning. And then I heard them say the person's age... And I was in disbelief.
As soon as I read up to this part, I knew it was Jackie Evancho. She's all over the talk show circuit promoting the CD.

It's a good thing I went to see Green Lantern with low expectations, because it ended up better than I thought it would be. Ryan Reynolds did a fine job with what was given, but I agree that Blake Lively was miscast. Also, they didn't have to CGI every part of the Green Lantern costume. The mask looked really weird to me. Or maybe my problem is that I think Marvel > DC.

Being under the weather like that you may be prone to make more errors and should consider a break perhaps.

I know and that makes sense but I took too much time this weekend away from studies and feel like I need to push to make up for lost time.

I know I've posted here about my neighbour who picks random songs (I'm sure he has a reason for picking them) and plays them for 1+ hours on repeat. Today he decided to switch it up and play a whole album over and over again. I feel like he's trying to make me a Down With Webster fan.

I know I've posted here about my neighbour who picks random songs (I'm sure he has a reason for picking them) and plays them for 1+ hours on repeat. Today he decided to switch it up and play a whole album over and over again. I feel like he's trying to make me a Down With Webster fan.

Lol I had that problem when I had a housemate.........no more....no more....

Visa interview for the States on Wednesday. If I get it, I get to go to Indiana for a conference :D

I know and that makes sense but I took too much time this weekend away from studies and feel like I need to push to make up for lost time.

Under these such circumstances, for me, I find wasting time actually saves time b/c I am just too inefficient to learn, but we each know what we are caspable of.

Archived