Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I'm getting all my stuff organized and figuring out what I need to move. I bought some space bags (vacuum seal type stuff) to put my clothes in for the big move. I also found a MUCH cheaper one at Dollarama, so I decided to test it out. So inside this bag I was able to put:

-a big green winter jacket (I live in AB, so it's a legit thick wither jacket)

-a blanket

-6 thick wool sweaters

-2 long sleeved shirts

-and the faux fur stuff that goes on the hood of my winter jacket

It shrunk to a size smaller than the space the winter jacket originally took up :D Win! Now, hopefully it stays airlocked/airtight (considering it's a dollarama special... never mind a canuck tire special). If so, I might go get more. At $1.25/bag, it seems worth it if I can bring most of my clothes easier!

I think I'll keep the original Space bags too-use them for my blankets and pillows and jeans maybe. I'm hoping that everything I want to take will fit in my car (might have to take one of two tool boxes and/or my shovel out the back of my car though!).

So, my to-do list for July:

-clean my room (easier to move around that way)

-pack clothes

-pack DVDs/books I want to take

-disassemble desk (and make sure that the top will fit in my car)

-figure out how many of my pairs of shoes/which ones I'm bringing

-apartment hunt (from like 4000km away- ha!)

-skate

-look after my cousins/other people's kids for extra cash

-do research

-workout

-enjoy the (hopefully) warm weather

-pack car tetris style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9nJVH5XHo <-- sorry it's in french, couldn't find a good English version)

-MOVE OUT!:D

I'm so excited!!! :D

Sounds great!!!

Good luck with the packing :) where are you moving to??

Ok, so I'm getting all my stuff organized and figuring out what I need to move. I bought some space bags (vacuum seal type stuff) to put my clothes in for the big move. I also found a MUCH cheaper one at Dollarama, so I decided to test it out. So inside this bag I was able to put:

-a big green winter jacket (I live in AB, so it's a legit thick wither jacket)

-a blanket

-6 thick wool sweaters

-2 long sleeved shirts

-and the faux fur stuff that goes on the hood of my winter jacket

It shrunk to a size smaller than the space the winter jacket originally took up :D Win! Now, hopefully it stays airlocked/airtight (considering it's a dollarama special... never mind a canuck tire special). If so, I might go get more. At $1.25/bag, it seems worth it if I can bring most of my clothes easier!

I think I'll keep the original Space bags too-use them for my blankets and pillows and jeans maybe. I'm hoping that everything I want to take will fit in my car (might have to take one of two tool boxes and/or my shovel out the back of my car though!).

So, my to-do list for July:

-clean my room (easier to move around that way)

-pack clothes

-pack DVDs/books I want to take

-disassemble desk (and make sure that the top will fit in my car)

-figure out how many of my pairs of shoes/which ones I'm bringing

-apartment hunt (from like 4000km away- ha!)

-skate

-look after my cousins/other people's kids for extra cash

-do research

-workout

-enjoy the (hopefully) warm weather

-pack car tetris style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9nJVH5XHo <-- sorry it's in french, couldn't find a good English version)

-MOVE OUT!:D

I'm so excited!!! :D

Sounds great!!!

Good luck with the packing. where are you moving to??

The Big Apple of Canada. Lol! I'm giving myself lots of time to pack so I don't do it all last minute and forget something important here.

I wish I had pre-med1 excitement

Haha! I wish it were med1 excitement! Hopefully this time next year that's exactly what it'll be. But nah, this is actually just moving out on my own excitement and getting out of a not-so-great home situation.

Still!! Soooo excited!:D

Is it bad I've already found and bought the plates/bowls/cup set I want and cutlery? :o I'm a little too excited I think :o

EDIT: As an example for the above that has just occured... my dad totally wrecked a signed poster I have with a bunch of my favourite skaters on it. I won it from something and so it was rolled up in a gift bag to keep it safe. He apparently didn't like where it was, didn't ask me to move it, and flattened the bag (even though there was something inside!) and squashed underneath a bunch of other stuff. It's completely ruined :(. I understand if you want it moved for whatever stupid reason, but show the same respect for my things that I show yours. This is only a very, very, very small example of the lack of respect I'm getting. Ugh. One more month. One more month. One more month.

Is it August yet?

I had the best Canada Day long weekend ever. And now Bluesfest is starting, but I just realized that The Black Keys are playing at the same time as Hey Rosetta! What do I do?

Tough decision! After seeing Hey Rosetta! a few months ago, I can't recommend them enough....that's the one I would see :)

DINOBOT! Day 2.

If I were to attempt to draw that, after years of perfection it would look pretty much exactly like this:

O

\l/

l

/\

^That is the reason why I'm going to be a doc and not an artist. I drew the same at 3 that I do at (almost) 23! LOL

Such a good day today (and yesterday)! :) It's amazing how much better things are when you realize that the end is near (in a good way! lol)! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Archived