Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medrunner/hking: that sucks, I like your blog, maybe MDrunner or a sentence like Running through Medicine?

I just googled 'Paradocs' and it is a legal support company! I am now living in fear that they will be sending me a cease and desist.

On a humorous note, I just got a letter from my former grad department that says 'Dear Mr. EoE, Congratulations on completing your PhD.' Mr?! I was thinking this would be the only letter I get for a long time addressed to 'Dr. EoE'. Well, I guess it is a good lesson in humility.

Don't worry. Jennifer Fong said that most UBC med students have an average debt of less than 100k. Plus with the tuition tax credits in residency you hardly need to pay any taxes off your salary. We'll pay it in no time.

Plus banks love giving LoCs to med students.

Medrunner/hking: that sucks, I like your blog, maybe MDrunner or a sentence like Running through Medicine?

I just googled 'Paradocs' and it is a legal support company! I am now living in fear that they will be sending me a cease and desist.

On a humorous note, I just got a letter from my former grad department that says 'Dear Mr. EoE, Congratulations on completing your PhD.' Mr?! I was thinking this would be the only letter I get for a long time addressed to 'Dr. EoE'. Well, I guess it is a good lesson in humility.

yeah, i was thinking something like that- running through medicine isn't half bad.

i've got 30 days to come up with something. but i would rather get it over with sooner.

i wonder how close it can be to medrunner... if i do mdrunner that wouldn't be too much of a change and i might be able to get away with it...

Don't worry. Jennifer Fong said that most UBC med students have an average debt of less than 100k. Plus with the tuition tax credits in residency you hardly need to pay any taxes off your salary. We'll pay it in no time.

Plus banks love giving LoCs to med students.

when i talked to her she said the average was over 100k.

i'll be lucky to get out with less than 150... :(

What breed are your boys? I know they claim that the siberian is hypo-allergenic. The funny thing is that I got Jasmine from a shelter. Her owners did not want to have her anymore. I'll never, ever understand why they gave her up and basically told the shelter they didn't want anything to do with her anymore. And, it is definitely possible that she had some sort of mix (who the heck would give up a siberian?! haha) but absolutely none of my friends with cat allergies were allergic to her. And I thought that was so neat. Considering how much of a fluffball she was. And her personality, and her appearance was entirely consistent with the siberian breed. I'll never know for sure. Maybe she was from an non reputable breeder that would not take her back. I just feel really lucky to have had her.

We have two Sphynx. I've heard that Siberians are supposed to be hypo-allergenic, but my husband didn't want to chance anything with hair that sheds, as it's mostly the dander that he's allergic to, and Sphynx and the two Rex breeds basically don't have dander. I guess a lot of people are allergic to the saliva, and so are still affected by Sphynx and Rexes (but maybe not Siberians? not sure about that).

It sounds like Jasmine was such a wonderful cat - makes you wonder what kind of people give up a cat like that? But she was very lucky to have had you.

I'm going home for the weekend tomorrow after my weights session is done. Went swimming a little today at the awesome jean-drapeau pool.. My shoulders are slowly getting back in shape, up to almost 3k now with one shoulder having no problems whatsoever and the other complaining a bit. I haven't tried to increase my speed yet though. Feels so good just to float around in a pool :D

Also.. why is going to the dentist so expensive?? *sigh*

I think you're right.

C6PJz.jpg

if it makes you guys feel any better, UBC charges the highest amount of tuition fee for dental students who have essentially a lot of the same stuff as med students for their pre-clinical yrs...i believe first yr tuition for dental students is $53, 771 :P

Tip for DJs: If you play Party Rock Anthem and everyone dances, good for you. But if the very next song you play is Party Rock Anthem again, some people will dance, but others will wait for a new song. If the third song you play is the same as the previous two songs, maybe you shouldn't be a DJ.

Tip for DJs: If you play Party Rock Anthem and everyone dances, good for you. But if the very next song you play is Party Rock Anthem again, some people will dance, but others will wait for a new song. If the third song you play is the same as the previous two songs, maybe you shouldn't be a DJ.

LOL reminds me of the DJ in "Live Hard Sell Hard"

Maybe he's doing it on purpose.

Hahahahaha! I would totally still be dancing after three rounds of Party Rock Anthem, We No Speak Americano or Barbara Streisand! I would probably be the only one out there though.

So where are all my Big Brother fans up in here?

Jeff & Jordan are back!!! The only way this season could be better was if they brought back Dr. Will and Mike Boogie - I loved those two!

big brother?

Seriously... dude. you need to step up your tv habits.

jersey shore + big brother... if I didn't know any better I'd say you were a 17 year old girl...

Yeah that looks about right - Western estimates things at 38000 per year not including any LOC interest.
Why is it so much? I mean $15k for tuition, another $2k for equipment and books and stuff, another $10k living expenses...

Very nice! :) You have quite the artistic talent. :)
Thanks. :) Hoping to finish tomorrow.

big brother?

Seriously... dude. you need to step up your tv habits.

jersey shore + big brother... if I didn't know any better I'd say you were a 17 year old girl...

I lol'd.

Archived