Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Pshhh I don't have cable/satellite, its SO last year. Netflix all the way. Its pretty cool watching Bear Grylls drink his own piss. I wish they would add another season of Hoarders, that show is so addictive.

Have you seen "My strange addiction" ?

It is so messed up. If you like hoarders, I think you'll like it.

Btw, I can't even watch hoarders. I become anxious just looking at those places!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pshhh I don't have cable/satellite, its SO last year. Netflix all the way. Its pretty cool watching Bear Grylls drink his own piss. I wish they would add another season of Hoarders, that show is so addictive.
Netflix is so last year. Real enthusiasts get their movies and TV shows for free. mIhPQ.gif

So where are all my Big Brother fans up in here?

Jeff & Jordan are back!!! The only way this season could be better was if they brought back Dr. Will and Mike Boogie - I loved those two!

big brother?

Seriously... dude. you need to step up your tv habits.

jersey shore + big brother... if I didn't know any better I'd say you were a 17 year old girl...

I'm totally with hking on this one. Jersey Shore?! Big Brother?! You are a 17 year old girl! Next thing you're going to tell me, you're into the Bachelor/Bachelorette! *barf* Find out what REAL TV is :P

Having a pretty good couple of days. Getting really excited to move- looking for some places in TO... a lot more expensive than what I was thinking :s... And with no med credit (this year anyways;)), I'll need to budge the rest of my stuff well. I don't want to live in a hole in the wall! (Aside from the fact I have very strict anti-bug and anti-mice/rat rules) It's also hard apartment hunting from like 3500km away:rolleyes:

Have you seen "My strange addiction" ?

It is so messed up. If you like hoarders, I think you'll like it.

Btw, I can't even watch hoarders. I become anxious just looking at those places!

"My strange addiction" is so messed up! Made me cringe watching those ladies licking up laundry detergent :eek:

Having a pretty good couple of days. Getting really excited to move- looking for some places in TO... a lot more expensive than what I was thinking :s... And with no med credit (this year anyways;)), I'll need to budge the rest of my stuff well. I don't want to live in a hole in the wall! (Aside from the fact I have very strict anti-bug and anti-mice/rat rules) It's also hard apartment hunting from like 3500km away:rolleyes:

Good luck on finding an awesome place! I had to find my own place as an international student in Malaysia a couple yrs back and it was 50% fun, 50% nightmare!

I'm taking 2 days off from the ******* MCAT before plunging into all out mode till the exam date. Met Deeman after a long time yesterday.

Thinking of going on vacation for a month to australia and thailand. Trying to determine the reality of my fiance taking a month off. She owns her engineering firm so its not so simple as to just book the time and go :(

I hope it works out for you!! Thailand is beautiful.. never been to Australia though.

I hope it works out for you!! Thailand is beautiful.. never been to Australia though.

I've been to both on business before but never for an extended period of time. My thinking is i likely wont have another opportunity for such a vacation for quite a while so might as well try now :)

Here's hoping! Lol

Crazy downpour last night added to strong winds made for lots of grumpy people and a concert that was delayed by an hour. But the Black Keys made it worth the wait.

I've been getting a lot of rain here too. Usually, I really love the rain. But when you're already sort of depressed, the rain does not help!!

Glad you had a good time at the concert! Honestly, I did not know who the black keys were before your post.

Well, I'm feeling rather sad right now. One of our cats has a lump on his leg and it looks like it might be a fibrosarcoma, due to a vaccination reaction.

The vet said to watch it and call back if the lump got larger or changed. Well, it is now firm to the touch and no longer squishy. Unfortunately their office is now closed until Monday. I'm debating whether or not to call the emergency line. I mean, this isn't an emergency like he is going to die if he doesn't see a vet immediately, but it's also not like it's nothing either.

I'm trying to remain calm, but everything I know about fibrosarcomas says that the prognosis is not good. Our cat's lump is also up high enough that I'm not sure if they would even be able to try to amputate the leg in an attempt to save his life.

It may still be nothing, but the fact that it has changed from squishy to firm doesn't have me feeling too optimistic.

Sorry to be a downer. I just needed a place to vent as my husband is away on business at the moment and none of my friends are around (in fact, several of them are in Afghanistan right now).

Well, I'm feeling rather sad right now. One of our cats has a lump on his leg and it looks like it might be a fibrosarcoma, due to a vaccination reaction.

The vet said to watch it and call back if the lump got larger or changed. Well, it is now firm to the touch and no longer squishy. Unfortunately their office is now closed until Monday. I'm debating whether or not to call the emergency line. I mean, this isn't an emergency like he is going to die if he doesn't see a vet immediately, but it's also not like it's nothing either.

I'm trying to remain calm, but everything I know about fibrosarcomas says that the prognosis is not good. Our cat's lump is also up high enough that I'm not sure if they would even be able to try to amputate the leg in an attempt to save his life.

It may still be nothing, but the fact that it has changed from squishy to firm doesn't have me feeling too optimistic.

Sorry to be a downer. I just needed a place to vent as my husband is away on business at the moment and none of my friends are around (in fact, several of them are in Afghanistan right now).

Hey MR,

I think it would be your best option to call the emergency vet line at this point. My entire family, including my boyfriend and his family, was away when Jasmine was ill and I can only imagine how you must be feeling <3

Go ahead and give them a call. The sooner you find out what's going on and possible treatment options, the better. Sending you tons of positive vibes xoxoxo

Hey MR,

I think it would be your best option to call the emergency vet line at this point. My entire family, including my boyfriend and his family, was away when Jasmine was ill and I can only imagine how you must be feeling <3

Go ahead and give them a call. The sooner you find out what's going on and possible treatment options, the better. Sending you tons of positive vibes xoxoxo

Thanks Cerena. I knew you would understand. *hugs* Why do cats always chose the worst times to fall ill?

Anyhow, the vet said to bring him in on Monday, and, if required, they will refer him to an oncologist, although she said they won't bother with a biopsy before surgery - they'll just surgically remove it, then biopsy it afterwards so that we don't waste any time.

It's so funny - I can handle being around sick and injured people, but an ill animal just has me totally collapsing in tears. I originally wanted to be a vet, actually, and after one summer doing co-op in a veterinary clinic, I discovered that I could handle all the blood, guts, poop, etc., but just couldn't deal with animals being put to sleep and that I also wanted to bring every abandoned animal home with me (obviously not practical).

Thanks Cerena. I knew you would understand. *hugs* Why do cats always chose the worst times to fall ill?

Anyhow, the vet said to bring him in on Monday, and, if required, they will refer him to an oncologist, although she said they won't bother with a biopsy before surgery - they'll just surgically remove it, then biopsy it afterwards so that we don't waste any time.

It's so funny - I can handle being around sick and injured people, but an ill animal just has me totally collapsing in tears. I originally wanted to be a vet, actually, and after one summer doing co-op in a veterinary clinic, I discovered that I could handle all the blood, guts, poop, etc., but just couldn't deal with animals being put to sleep and that I also wanted to bring every abandoned animal home with me (obviously not practical).

Hang in there MR!

I couldn't be a vet either for the very same reason... I love animals, but I could not deal with them being put to sleep.

I know. That is exactly what it feels like. <3

I really feel for you and your boy. Make sure to spend time with him if you can, which I have a feeling you're even doing this as I speak.

Good to here. When do you figure the surgery will be? How old is your boy?

That is a very good thing that you did your co-op session and was able to see that you are not comfortable with animal euthanasia, something you would have to do very often as a vet I would imagine.

Funny that you mention wanting to bring home abandoned animals! Oh my gosh, I went to a pet store to buy Persia some toys and there was gorgeous family of black cats that had been there for a while. And I wanted to bring them home some badly. But, I know that if I were to start rescuing all of the animals that I saw it would not be good :S

*e-hugs* MR! I hope your cat is ok!

I spent 2 hours 'spring cleaning' my bathroom. I went through every little product in there and thought "am I willing to cart this across country?" needless to say a lot of stuff got purged. I am getting so excited- 20ish days until I'm gone! :D

Now to start on my room................

This is going to take awhile:rolleyes:

*e-hugs* MR! I hope your cat is ok!

I spent 2 hours 'spring cleaning' my bathroom. I went through every little product in there and thought "am I willing to cart this across country?" needless to say a lot of stuff got purged. I am getting so excited- 20ish days until I'm gone! :D

Now to start on my room................

This is going to take awhile:rolleyes:

So excited to hear about your move!

Hi everyone' date='

I just spent a fabulous week at my cottage! No school! No research project! No technology! Just me and my family on the lake. I love summer vacations.

Now back to reality, what did I miss.. !:)[/quote']

Ooo that sounds great, abstract :)

I'm letting myself enjoy the summer right now also. Just had a great bbq with my parents who are visiting my house, my boyfriend, and our friends.

And, currently listening to this:

My fav summer song.

So excited to hear about your move!

Ooo that sounds great, abstract :)

I'm letting myself enjoy the summer right now also. Just had a great bbq with my parents who are visiting my house, my boyfriend, and our friends.

And, currently listening to this:

My fav summer song.

:) It's great to see that you are enjoying your summer! We should all take the time once and a while.

How is Persia? Is she adjusting well to her new environment? I know my cat took a couple of months to adjust to living at my house when we got a dog.

It is great to be back.. :)

So where are all my Big Brother fans up in here?

Jeff & Jordan are back!!! The only way this season could be better was if they brought back Dr. Will and Mike Boogie - I loved those two!

I love BIG BROTHER. It is my guilty pleasure of the summer!.. I haven't seen the first to episodes because I was away at my cottage, but will catch up!

:) It's great to see that you are enjoying your summer! We should all take the time once and a while.

How is Persia? Is she adjusting well to her new environment? I know my cat took a couple of months to adjust to living at my house when we got a dog.

It is great to be back.. :)

Thanks for asking about Persia! I actually don't get her until early August. She's only about 6.5 weeks old and the breeder won't let her go until she has her first (and possibly second) booster shots and vet checks. Also, no cat leaves until at least 10 weeks of age. Persia was the smallest fur baby in the litter. So, when she is all set to go she'll be flown here. I can't wait!

I think it will take a while for Persia to get used to the place. But I've been told to introduce new cats to a house very gradually. So, for the first few days she'll just be kept in a spare room I have with only her cat bed, food and drinking fountain, scratch posts, and miniature cat tree. And then I'll introduce her to the rest of the top level of my house. Then the main level. Then the basement.

I wonder if she'll be confused, though, because even though Jasmine is gone I'm sure there will still be some scent of her in the house. So, I wonder how Persia will react to that? Also, I'm really paranoid about Persia contracting FIV so until my boyfriend gets his own cats tested for it, I am really cautious about bringing her to my bf's house and the prospect of FIV transmission via biting or scratching.

I remember talking to you about your animals before! How many animals do you have right now? Just one dog and one cat?

Archived