Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I said I'd wait to see HP, but I'm really considering going tonight... Closest place to me I can't buy online and they have no quick buying booths so must wait in line to buy the ticket. A little farther is a much busier place but I could just buy my ticket online right now :/ Just watch I'll end up not going at all! lol

There's a My Strange Addiction marathon on TLC right now... it's madness :/

I know I said I'd wait to see HP, but I'm really considering going tonight... Closest place to me I can't buy online and they have no quick buying booths so must wait in line to buy the ticket. A little farther is a much busier place but I could just buy my ticket online right now :/ Just watch I'll end up not going at all! lol

There's a My Strange Addiction marathon on TLC right now... it's madness :/

haha go see it tonight!! Way too addicted I am.

Im currently watching an old-school greys anatomy episode.:o

haha go see it tonight!! Way too addicted I am.

Im currently watching an old-school greys anatomy episode.:o

Those were the best episodes!! I still haven't watched this year's finale because I know what happens and it's pissing me off they screwed with the characters so much :o I was planning on going through the early seasons again soon lol.

Those were the best episodes!! I still haven't watched this year's finale because I know what happens and it's pissing me off they screwed with the characters so much :o I was planning on going through the early seasons again soon lol.

Oh I know, when Izzie and George left it was just not the same :(

I miss their single care-free days.

and the finale SUCKED, Im so disappointed lately =[

Oh I know, when Izzie and George left it was just not the same :(

I miss their single care-free days.

and the finale SUCKED, Im so disappointed lately =[

Same. I'm waiting to see how they redeem Derek (and Mer) in the next (and probably final?) season to watch the finale lol.

Wow, all these books, shows, and movies that I've never gotten into. Maybe it's because I'm much older than a typical pre-med, but I never found the Harry Potter books appealing. Tried to read the first one, and just couldn't get into it. But I'm used to fantasy by George R.R. Martin, Kate Elliott, L.E. Modesitt, Jr., and the like. So Harry Potter was just meh compared to that, at least for me.

Wow, all these books, shows, and movies that I've never gotten into. Maybe it's because I'm much older than a typical pre-med, but I never found the Harry Potter books appealing. Tried to read the first one, and just couldn't get into it. But I'm used to fantasy by George R.R. Martin, Kate Elliott, L.E. Modesitt, Jr., and the like. So Harry Potter was just meh compared to that, at least for me.

It has nothing to do with age... I first read the HP books right after the 7th came out so I was 26 at the time.. not exactly typical premed either! There's nothing wrong with liking different styles :) Besides HP and Narnia, I'm much more of a fan of medical examiner or lawyer stories like Patricia Cornwell or Greg Isles or John Grisham and so on. And Dune of course.

The first three HP books were way different than the rest, after the 3rd HP took a quick turn into something else. I loved them all though. And sometimes I found that some parts in the first three books were a little slow, you had to get over that little speedbump and it goes back into interesting/can't put down. but then again different strokes for different folks.

It has nothing to do with age... I first read the HP books right after the 7th came out so I was 26 at the time.. not exactly typical premed either! There's nothing wrong with liking different styles :) Besides HP and Narnia, I'm much more of a fan of medical examiner or lawyer stories like Patricia Cornwell or Greg Isles or John Grisham and so on. And Dune of course.

Maybe it has nothing to do with age - I don't know. I just know among peers of my age (early 30s) I don't know anyone, really, who "gets" the Harry Potter books. I'm sure there are some, I just don't personally know them. So when people go on and on about Harry Potter, I feel very old. ;)

Maybe it has nothing to do with age - I don't know. I just know among peers of my age (early 30s) I don't know anyone, really, who "gets" the Harry Potter books. I'm sure there are some, I just don't personally know them. So when people go on and on about Harry Potter, I feel very old. ;)

Hehe that's ok ;) My younger sister doesn't get them either but for me I just really enjoy the whole world Rowling created, it's easy reading with new details to catch on every subsequent reading.

I grew up with the books, having read the first 3 when I was 13/14 and then following them as they were released. When the last one came out, I braved a military lockdown on the city to go to the bookstore at 6 am to get it, through multiple checkpoints etc... LOL !

I grew up with the books, having read the first 3 when I was 13/14 and then following them as they were released. When the last one came out, I braved a military lockdown on the city to go to the bookstore at 6 am to get it, through multiple checkpoints etc... LOL !

sounds like me. LOL

I remember when the 4th came out I think, I was camping up north with the fam and managed to get it in a sobeys, LOL. missions.

Movie starts in 10 minutes.. Cinema is half empty... I always forget less people watch movies in English on the south shore compared to the island of Montreal.

Enjoy :)

I will watch the film sometime next week. We will have much to talk about. I'm sure!

Enjoy :)

I will watch the film sometime next week. We will have much to talk about. I'm sure!

Just got back. For me it was much better than the last 2, maybe not as perfect as the first 2 which I thought matched the book better I guess. I thought it was really good (and not too far from the books) until the final 30-45 minutes. And then well it just fell short of what I had imagined in my head from the book and was missing some pretty important pieces. Still one of the better movies in the series :)

Forgot to add... Alan Rickman is amazing!

I saw HP on Friday. I went with a bunch of friends, including a self-declared 'tough guy' and we all ended up with tears. And then yesterday I saw Death From Above 1979, which is something I never thought would happen. Overall, I feel like I was reliving a part of my high school years. It was a strange feeling.

Forgot to add... Alan Rickman is amazing!
Agreed.

Archived