Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

yeah the a.c. is down in my computer lab here. It is 43 and I have to get this program working today. yeah...... :)

Oh no yuck! And computers make a room so much warmer too!

When we were finishing up our article for submission during my first year of masters, I spent the night in the computer lab with another grad student building images and scenes. We discovered that at around 9-10 pm the university partly shuts down the a/c... It became so hot!!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 Km jog, nonstop, uphill... Did this on Monday and I am so incredibly stiff, I'm like a walking piece of cardboard. Everything hurts.

Why...

I haven't posted regularly on here for a bit because, on a sad note, my bf's cat has been missing a little over a week. This week has been really tough, especially for him. I'm trying the best I can to help him out, and we've received two unique tips saying that he's been spotted but they were unable to catch him. The latest one was on Monday and it was by a lady who said she's been feeding a stray cat who may resemble the cat on the posters we've put up. We've searched that area for hours and hours. We can't find him. I'm going to check the SPCA again today. And, we're hoping for the best. Jasmine was strictly an indoor cat, but my bf's cat was indoors/outdoors. Persia will also be strictly indoors, especially now. So weird, though. My bf's cat has been outdoors for 12 years and has never gotten lost. I hope he's alright.

Hop a plane and fly east! ;)

Sounds like a good idea haha. My bf and I were talking about possibly going to Quebec city and/or Montreal for a vacation. I heard it's lovely there. Also, Toronto might be a good spot to visit. Won't be going there for a while, but I hope it works out :)

Sounds like a good idea haha. My bf and I were talking about possibly going to Quebec city and/or Montreal for a vacation. I heard it's lovely there. Also, Toronto might be a good spot to visit. Won't be going there for a while, but I hope it works out :)

Oh you need to come visit Montreal :)

Sorry to hear about your bf's cat :( I really hope you can find him and he's ok!

Oh you need to come visit Montreal :)

It's definitely something that we're going to do! Just need to decide when this will happen. I have friends and family there, so it would make for a wonderful visit.

Sorry to hear about your bf's cat :( I really hope you can find him and he's ok!

Thanks, psycho. <3 He's a very special cat. Hopefully he's still out there, and if/when we find him I'm giving him the biggest liver steak imaginable.

I'm jealous of everyone experiencing warm weather. I'm on the West Coast and it feels like summer hasn't even arrived. The highest temperature predicted by the seven day forecast is for today: 18 and rain. :mad:
18 and rain is perfect for going outside and letting the rain just hit your face. I'd rather have it 18 and rainy than 46 and hell-y.

I feel for your boyfriend cerena. I lost my cat (found him eventually!) and bawled for dayssss. He was found super far from my house! I know how rough it can be. My cat was also more of an indoor cat, he goes out at ~6pm and comes back at 12, hes super obedient hahah

So I passed the audition and interview and am officially teaching an MCAT class . This should be pretty interesting, should be fun too though! ;)

Awesome! Great job, muse :)

Quebec City is beautiful!

My heart goes out to your b/f for his very special cat. Cats know how to take care of themselves even when they don't come home and you are doing everything humanly possible.

He's very street smart, so hopefully he's doing just fine. He's very untrusting of strangers so I can not imagine anyone being able to take him. Thanks for being so considerate. Animals are so special.

I feel for your boyfriend cerena. I lost my cat (found him eventually!) and bawled for dayssss. He was found super far from my house! I know how rough it can be. My cat was also more of an indoor cat, he goes out at ~6pm and comes back at 12, hes super obedient hahah

Oh wow, how many days was your boy gone for? That is great to have a super obedient cat. It makes things a lot easier, and makes things much safer for the cat. Do you have yours microchipped? Or does he have a collar?

My bf's cat would usually come when called but he must have gotten chased and is now lost. He was spotted about 8 streets away which is very far from where he usually lingers. Typically, we can find him within a 5 house radius.

uuiDC.jpg

<3

Wicked!! Is that black? (Sometimes an eggplant colour looks very similar to black).

It looks very classy.

Argh!.. I just found out i am doing field work tomorrow! In the heat.. why does it have to be tomorrow.. :mad:
Wow' date=' that's terrible. :(

I'm jealous of everyone experiencing warm weather. I'm on the West Coast and it feels like summer hasn't even arrived. The highest temperature predicted by the seven day forecast is for today: 18 and rain. :mad:
You wouldn't be jealous if you were here. I think the rest of the provinces would trade weather with BC in an instant. It's not 'warm' here; it's killer hot.

Sorry to hear about your bf's cat, Cerena. :( I hope he turns up soon.

That said, cats are amazing creatures. My sister's cat, who was an indoor-only cat, escaped and went missing. There were frantic neighbourhood searches for her, posters put up, checking with the humane society, everything. Three weeks went by and everyone assumed she was gone for good. Then she shows up on their doorstep, emaciated and dehydrated, but otherwise none the worse for wear (she was immediately brought to the vet for a check-up, and other than being malnourished and dehydrated, she was fine). So cats can be pretty resilient at times.

Hot Lights Cold Steel is brilliant! I'm almost done with it and only started late last night. When the Air Hits Your Brain is next on the line after another Greg Isle's novel, and I'm planning on ordering Collins' 2nd book as well.

So hot... I plan on spending the day at the pool tomorrow.

Archived