Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, why aren't you out west... :'(

'Atta girl :P

I don't know. Change of scenery I guess? It's really weird being so far from Oil country though. I get like no news.... Like I said before- Toronto sports news is very TO-centric! haha!

Funny story: back in the '06 cup run, I was yelling at the TV so loud, my dad went and opened up our front door and said, "There, now they should be able to hear you at Rexall" (we lived about 2 hours away) :o

Also.... I'm so noisy at hockey games (WHL since I can't afford NHL tickets)... I'm quite the rabblerouser;) Tons of stories...

I can never participate in these hockey discussions because I have absolutely no clue about anything hockey related, haha. Maybe I need to educate myself.

In other news, I pretty much went through a complete mental breakdown last night, got excessively drunk during a class and worse. Thank God for true friends in your time of need. Hopefully that was the end of my burnout and things will change from now. And I hope Deeman never sees this post, though he has a habit of finding the posts that I least want found by him, lol.

I love hockey too :D

Currently writing my 3rd and last socio essay... If I could only finish this quickly so that I can start studying for my finals which start in less than 2 weeks!

Still no surgery date, hoping to hear something soon or else I'll try calling again. Really crossing my fingers it happens in December because it's certainly not getting any better.

I can never participate in these hockey discussions because I have absolutely no clue about anything hockey related, haha. Maybe I need to educate myself.

In other news, I pretty much went through a complete mental breakdown last night, got excessively drunk during a class and worse. Thank God for true friends in your time of need. Hopefully that was the end of my burnout and things will change from now. And I hope Deeman never sees this post, though he has a habit of finding the posts that I least want found by him, lol.

:eek:

What's the AND WORSE part?! Lol! I would not have expected that from you Leon!:P

Excellent. Makes class a hell of a lot more entertaining. And by "and worse" I hope you mean you got laid while drunk. You need it. :P

Am I the only one with horrible ADD issues when I study? I feel like i cannot study if my hands arent doing something. I used to eat when I studied until I gained like 10lbs because I studied alot (which was a bi.. to get rid of) and so now I picked up on coffee drinking while I study but obviously thats no good, and so now I have a horrible tendency of literally breaking off my split ends LOL and I feel bad for my hair so I have to tie it up and now I'm stuck and can't study!!!

I'm a weirdo.

Am I the only one with horrible ADD issues when I study? I feel like i cannot study if my hands arent doing something. I used to eat when I studied until I gained like 10lbs because I studied alot (which was a bi.. to get rid of) and so now I picked up on coffee drinking while I study but obviously thats no good, and so now I have a horrible tendency of literally breaking off my split ends LOL and I feel bad for my hair so I have to tie it up and now I'm stuck and can't study!!!

I'm a weirdo.

Try chewing gum. Or eating air popped popcorn if you need to eat. I used to be the same way. I found that helps. I also (back at home) occasionally studied while on the recumbent bike we had at home (more effective if paper copies or a light textbook needed to be read). Gave my brain enough of a "something else" to do... and it burned off whatever calories I ate while studying for something else :D

Did it make your class more fun at least?? My friend and I used to play drinking games in our first year humanties class :D

LOL more fun? I don't remember much of the class itself. It's a ridiculous first year class anyway

I'm a weirdo.

Same here! I'm usually shaking my legs

I'm a weirdo.

Me too. I eat (hence the empty fridge at home - both good and bad) and I drink hot chocolate because it's sweet and warm. Usually I try to have baby carrots - at least they aren't bad for you. So I try to find something to do with my hands at all time.

I'm a weirdo.

Try walking around campus every hour. I switch spots so often for a change of scenery it works for me.

i use to walk around while i studied, literally, or do pushups in a private corner of the library every 10 minutes of studying i did, walking around to a new location like you said too really helps (coffee shop, to home, to gf's house, to library, to a classroom, get on a bus and just put on some headphones and read for an hour, literally anywhere)

Try walking around campus every hour. I switch spots so often for a change of scenery it works for me.

there was a philosophy class i loved to go to ****faced, because it made so little sense sober, that it kind of made more sense drunk or slightly (but not overly) stoned... my prof was a phd student and a total stoner, im sure he noticed us, but he didn't really seem to care.

Did it make your class more fun at least?? My friend and I used to play drinking games in our first year humanties class :D

the next oilers-canucks game? i want to hear we want 10 again, but this time with rebongo in net.

are you a leafs fan? they're playing insane this year! even ottawa has been a pleasant surprise, i'd love to see anderson get hot and see them make the playoffs... i think this is the first time in a while every canadian team (with ottawa, winnipeg and calgary being the question-marks) could make the playoffs, i'd love to see toronto get back in, i use to be such a big leafs fan back in the potvin and joseph years.

I know a perfect game we should go to! :D

Archived