Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My sister and brother-in-law just gave me the most perfect gift - a plum Cardio III stetho!! One less thing to buy next year :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Very nice!

I just had the most "premed gunner" Christmas Eve ever.

"What did you do on Dec 24th?"

"Oh, just baked chocolate truffle cakes for disadvantaged teens."

Very nice!

I just had the most "premed gunner" Christmas Eve ever.

"What did you do on Dec 24th?"

"Oh, just baked chocolate truffle cakes for disadvantaged teens."

You're not a gunner though, just someone with a big heart.

Merry Christmas, Ky!

And merry christmas everyone!

LOL!!

Watching The Sound of Music right now.. definitely one of my all-time favourites! Then we have dinner at my sister's in-laws.. Really don't feel like going as I'm the only one who doesn't really know them (I'm the only one who lives away), and I'm the only single as well so always out of conversations :/

LOL!!

Watching The Sound of Music right now.. definitely one of my all-time favourites! Then we have dinner at my sister's in-laws.. Really don't feel like going as I'm the only one who doesn't really know them (I'm the only one who lives away), and I'm the only single as well so always out of conversations :/

Its too bad you don't drink ha ha ha

lol, we got a sweet deal at the banff springs, pretty much 80 percent off, plus divide by 3 people, and two drinks at this place would cost more than my hotel cost for the day, lol... i can't believe the prices of some of the stuff here, i just paid like 7 bucks for a latte... considering regular customers are paying like 4-600 a night you'd think they'd have more free things, lol... they have a nice hot spring outside that's fabulous... too many young austrailians here :rolleyes: ... i guess it counteracts the high ammount of uber rich people in sweaters that cost more than 3 months of groceries, lol... and their annoying spoiled kids too... lol... i was almost tempted to grab one of the like 90 percent full bottles of wine sitting in the housekeeping wagon that housekeeping was going to toss away because someone didn't like it apparently

Its too bad you don't drink ha ha ha

lol, we got a sweet deal at the banff springs, pretty much 80 percent off, plus divide by 3 people, and two drinks at this place would cost more than my hotel cost for the day, lol... i can't believe the prices of some of the stuff here, i just paid like 7 bucks for a latte... considering regular customers are paying like 4-600 a night you'd think they'd have more free things, lol... they have a nice hot spring outside that's fabulous... too many young austrailians here :rolleyes: ... i guess it counteracts the high ammount of uber rich people in sweaters that cost more than 3 months of groceries, lol... and their annoying spoiled kids too... lol... i was almost tempted to grab one of the like 90 percent full bottles of wine sitting in the housekeeping wagon that housekeeping was going to toss away because someone didn't like it apparently

I would be very tempted to do the same! What a waste.

So depressed that christmas is over. Seriously. I'm going to be those old ladies with the christmas sweaters and the crazy decorated houses in the future, LOL.

:(

It was a good one though. :)

Only sucky part is I keep getting what feels like ice pick headaches and I've never had these before so I'm annoyed!

So depressed that christmas is over. Seriously. I'm going to be those old ladies with the christmas sweaters and the crazy decorated houses in the future, LOL.

:(

It was a good one though. :)

Only sucky part is I keep getting what feels like ice pick headaches and I've never had these before so I'm annoyed!

Headaches? Hmm did you take anything to help fight it off?

... i was almost tempted to grab one of the like 90 percent full bottles of wine sitting in the housekeeping wagon that housekeeping was going to toss away because someone didn't like it apparently

Dooooo ittttt.... what do you have to lose?

So my nieces- I got them a fisher price “medical kit”. Audrey (3 yrs old) insisted on taking my blood pressure about 20 times. She has played with my real steth and BP cuff before, and seemed to know how to use it. I asked her why she wanted to take my blood pressure and she said “because I want to help”. I asked her why she wanted to help me, and she said “because you are nice. And becuase you are kind.”

That was probably the nicest present I could have gotten. ☺

Am I allowed to post photos of myself on here? Because it seems there's an unwritten rule about that. :confused:

Headaches? Hmm did you take anything to help fight it off?

Nope. I've never had a headache until this year, it was amazing and then I got a few sometimes from lack of sleep, the normal stuff. But now that I'm on holiday vaca and sleeping well, I keep getting these very brief, sharp headaches and they last like 1-3 seconds and they come from NO WHERE.

I'm a little worried but googled and it fits the description of an ice pick headache pretty well and from the looks of it, theres not really much you can do unless its severe, then you can try different forms of medication but I really don't want to =/

Nope. I've never had a headache until this year, it was amazing and then I got a few sometimes from lack of sleep, the normal stuff. But now that I'm on holiday vaca and sleeping well, I keep getting these very brief, sharp headaches and they last like 1-3 seconds and they come from NO WHERE.

I'm a little worried but googled and it fits the description of an ice pick headache pretty well and from the looks of it, theres not really much you can do unless its severe, then you can try different forms of medication but I really don't want to =/

Ice pick headaches can really hurt, in spite of their brevity. Try to monitor how you're feeling over time (I have started to note changes in my health in my iPhone calendar -- it sure helps if you ever talk to your physician to have these things recorded). I really hope it goes away soon for you.

i know eh, don't you always a headache after a lengthy conversation where you have to be really sharp. i can write for hours, but after talking to someone about something intense for a few hours i have to veg for a bit.

Watching a show about human development where the indicate talking takes a lot of brain power.

Based on encounters in my life span, that statement explains a lot lol

So unfortunate that happened, anxious!

Boo to the unconsiderates.

Is it expensive to fix your car?

Ya, it sucks, but I should've known better given the notorious boxing day crowds and inevitable parking mayhem. It's a new car my parents got me this summer so it's a bit of a pain to have it dented so soon more so than the cost of fixing - which isn't that bad. I feel like the new car glamor is gone now :mad:

Archived