Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite!

I have a question for other waitlisters who have been taken off the waitlist recently (late June/early July) and will be attending U of A.

Have you all received your orientation package and schedule already? I have been hearing from other people that classes have been filling up and I don't want to end up with classes at really odd times.

Thanks in advance

If you haven't gotten it yet, call them. I recieved my confirmation that conditional acceptance had been lifted on July 6th. I called them at the end of July (which was when I was supposed to have received the package by in the email), to find out they had missed it somewhere, and hadn't actually mailed it yet.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i picked up my confirmation package, the waitlisted accepted mailing list got mixed with the accepted list, so some didnt get sent out...

If you haven't gotten it yet, call them. I recieved my confirmation that conditional acceptance had been lifted on July 6th. I called them at the end of July (which was when I was supposed to have received the package by in the email), to find out they had missed it somewhere, and hadn't actually mailed it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

YE YEEE! I JUST GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST FOR UofA!! OMG SO PUMPED. I've been lurking on these forums everyday for the past 4 months LOL! I'm so happy to be able to make one of these posts! It sucks being on the waitlist for this long hoping for a small glimmer of hope but it is definitely worth it!!!!

Diane just phoned me about an hour ago saying there was a spot open! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Definiately Accepting! OMG I am so priviledged to join such a great class and school! Woot!! I can't believe this day has finally come. I made all my plans for next year to graduate and sorted out all my courses!

Stats:

3rd Year IP

GPA: 3.91

MCAT: 33T (12BS/12PS/9VR/T)

Extracurriculars: AHFMR Biomedical Research position in the summer (had my own project), Volunteering @ Nursing Home, Competitive Ice hockey (10 years)... can anybody spell future Icebowl MVP ??? j/k , Competitive Outdoor Soccer (11 years), Grade 10 Piano (10 years), Musical Theory and Harmony (5 years), Singing Lessons (1 year), worked in a clinic helping physicians with files, lots of random clubs, intramural ball/ice hockey teams etc.

Interview: Felt it went really really good! I was really comfortable and I had a blast with it. Had a few good laughs with many of the interviewers.

Schools Applied: UofC, UofA, UBC, a few ontario ones

Interviewed: UofC, UofA

Waitlisted: UofC, UofA

Accepted: UofA (Grr... my score for UofC = 66.21, cutoff for admission 66.31)

Final Note: Get ready to get owned in Super Smash Brothers!

Obviously you are overqualified for med school, no wonder it took such a long time until a spot opened up and we had no choice but to accept you.

Enjoy being top of the class.

And protip, people will hate you if you consistently beat them in Smash Brothers. Plus, I doubt you can beat the great Pen Li in the class of 2011.

j/k congrats dude

Archived