Premed 101 Forums

Undergrad Grading

I'm not too sure to what you are referring to when you say "what the average is normally set at" but i would say its about as difficult as other universities to get a 90. I've gotten more than a few 90+ in a number of undergraduate courses, and some friends applying have even more than I; but I can't really say if it is extremely difficult or not. As with all courses, it depends on the course material itself, the professor and your own hard work.

At institutions where grades are curved, the average is normally set at around a B- to a B+ depending on what year you are in.

Would you say that getting a 90% is not a frequent occurrence? At schools that are curved, an A (= 93% according to U of S) is given to ~top 10% of each class...

I would say it is quite possible for one to receive all 90s in undergrad courses. I've only been able to do it one of my 3 undergrad years however. But I would say given hardwork and determination, scoring >90% across the board is conceivable. Are you an OOP considering transfering to U of S?

Archived