Premed 101 Forums

Grad school applicant and averaging of mcat

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am a graduate school applicant and I wanted to apply to Canadian schools. I have retaken my mcat and overall I do not have a high enough score, for queens, u of t etc.. However, u of t says they will flag one of the sections if you do lower (I scored an 8 on one of my sections) and still review you. Is this true? And does it help if I am a graduate applicant with publications! Also, if you take my top scores individually from my mcat I do have a 30 does any school consider that. Sorry, one last question. Does OTtawa interview you if you are missing half an organic chemistry prerequisite

Thansk

thanks for replying. Do you know then if ottawa will interview you if you are missing the prerequisite though?

My understanding is that you MUST complete the chemistry prereqs:

the equivalent of two full-year courses from the following

chemistry courses:

a) General biochemistry without laboratory session

B) General chemistry with laboratory session

c) Organic chemistry with laboratory session

The application process for Ottawa requires to you explain how exactly you fufilled this this requirement.

Now there are Distance education courses that will let you get them, and you can probably still complete them this summer if you were hoping to apply this coming year. I can never spell that school (Athabasca?)

You can also of course retake the MCAT - which is very,very common. Not sure what section you did poorly on but it is easier to restudy to pull up one section knowning you did well on the rest of the test.

best of luck!

thanks for replying. Do you know then if ottawa will interview you if you are missing the prerequisite though?

My understanding is that you MUST complete the chemistry prereqs:

the equivalent of two full-year courses from the following

chemistry courses:

a) General biochemistry without laboratory session

B) General chemistry with laboratory session

c) Organic chemistry with laboratory session

The application process for Ottawa requires to you explain how exactly you fufilled this this requirement.

Now there are Distance education courses that will let you get them, and you can probably still complete them this summer if you were hoping to apply this coming year. I can never spell that school (Athabasca?). The only tricky part is that lab.

You can also of course retake the MCAT - which is very,very common. Not sure what section you did poorly on but it is easier to restudy to pull up one section knowing you did well on the rest of the test.

best of luck!

Archived