Premed 101 Forums

Application Process

Ok, I have done the research and have decided that medicine is for me, albeit a little late. I am 27 years old married with a kid so I really want to make this as painless as possible for myself and my family. I am planning on starting a science undergrad asap (probably start part time at uofc in the new year). So I get the minimum credits required (2 years for Alberta) and I start firing off applications. Now, if I don't get in can I apply the next year and the year after that?

There are some limitations to how many times you can apply. If the average premed first applies at the age of 22, and then dies at the age of 75, you won't be able to apply more than 53 times.

That being said, you can still only apply to Harvard twice...

There are some limitations to how many times you can apply. If the average premed first applies at the age of 22, and then dies at the age of 75, you won't be able to apply more than 53 times.

That being said, you can still only apply to Harvard twice...

I'm looking forward to using the line "I'm a premed" at my future nursing home and then watch everyone go "ohhhh ahhh good for YOU!".:cool:

Ok, I have done the research and have decided that medicine is for me, albeit a little late. I am 27 years old married with a kid so I really want to make this as painless as possible for myself and my family. I am planning on starting a science undergrad asap (probably start part time at uofc in the new year). So I get the minimum credits required (2 years for Alberta) and I start firing off applications. Now, if I don't get in can I apply the next year and the year after that?

I don't believe you'll be able to apply after two years of part time studies at the U of A:

The minimum requirement for admission to our program is the successful completion of at least two full years of transferable post-secondary work (60 units of course weight - 10 full course equivalents) of which one year (30 units of course weight - 5 full course equivalents) must be taken during one academic year. An academic year is September 1 to April 30 inclusive. [/Quote]

Best of luck with your endeavour!

Cheers,

W?

I am pretty sure most, if not all, schools require that you are a full time student in your studies. Also, I think Ottawa is the only school that says you should not apply after the third time.

Also, Alberta had a whole lot of pre-req courses...(Stats, english, etc.) but I think they got rid for them for the next app cycle? (check their website out)

anyways good luck

Also, I think Ottawa is the only school that says you should not apply after the third time.
Just to clarify, for Ottawa you should not longer apply if you've been interviewed 3 times previously. If you've applied 3 times but have been interviewed less than 3 times, you can continue to apply until you reach the 3 interview limit.

I should have been more specific I am only going to take part time studies for the winter semester at U of C because I have missed the application deadline for this year. I plan becoming full time next year. How long does it take to find out the status of your apllication once it has been submitted.

Archived