Premed 101 Forums

What course should I take?

Hey guys, I've been a lurker on these forums for quite awhile now and I've read many threads but right now i'm stuck with a delima.

I'm planning on going to york next year and i'm not sure what i should take for my final course. Currently i'm enrolled in the Fall term: Bio, Chem, Calc, psychology and in the winter term Bio, Chem, Calc,Psychology and Computer use.

So right now i'm wondering what course i should take in the fall. Originally I wanted to take physics but at york they said we aren't allowed to take physics along with chem and bio at the same time. So what course do you think i should take during the fall term? If anyone knows any birdie courses at york it'd be of great help too! :D

Hi Greyhound, you can fill the extra space with a 3-credit general education course. A good one would be macro or micro economics, both 3 credit courses offered in the fall and winter terms. These courses are pretty easy (well, they were for me, and hopefully for you as well). Those are pretty popular ones to take as gen-eds as well.

hey, I am not sure why you saying that you are not allowed to take physics with bio and chem, unless the rules changed, but I took it all together in my first year( I know they sugest not to do it, but you are allowed to do it). It might be hard but I think it is managable. I agree with InnaV, Econ1000 is really easy. I had two MC exams, and optional assignment. If you really want to make your life eaiser, take it during the night(7-10).

Thanks for the replies everyone, NewfieMike I'll definitely look into introduction to underwater basketweaving, it sounds like an awesome course!!! :P btw boss does that mean the marking scheme for econ only consisted of 2 multiple choice exams as well as a few optional assignments? Also is there a certain prof i should be looking out for since the night classes are easier? thanks guys!

So right now i'm wondering what course i should take in the fall. Originally I wanted to take physics but at york they said we aren't allowed to take physics along with chem and bio at the same time. So what course do you think i should take during the fall term? If anyone knows any birdie courses at york it'd be of great help too! :D

Not allowed? Since when?

You could take an astronomy class (fun science, and it's legit) or something in kinesiology--like anatomy or physiology. Some universities like it when people take extra humanities courses, languages, classics, etc. Other universities will tell you "take something you'll enjoy".

Archived