Premed 101 Forums

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup Thread

Guest superstorecanadian

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest noncestvrai

Tomorrow, Argentina 3 Germany 2 then Italy 2 Ukraine 1, this last one Italy may win on a penalty, or in shootout a/f regulation.

Should be fun to watch, anyhow.

noncestvrai

Guest GundamDX

hard to pick between GER/ARG... I'll say GER wins by 1 goal coz of the home advantage... Italy will win for sure though...

I am betting ALL BURGERS ON PORTUGAL :evil

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

golden goal time with germany vs. arg.

haha with no messi no crespo no riquelme...i dunno...i guess i will post later on

Guest konverse

DDS u could be right

argentina DEFINTELY threw that game on penalty kicks.

come on argentina's last two shots were ground balls -- almost like they were passing to the keeper!

i would have thought that sorin would have taken one. and with crespo being subbed...

still tho -- it's nice to see the home team win!!

it must be mayhem at the OLYMPIC STADIUM in BERLIN

germany vs. italy

england vs. brazil

brazil vs. germany

brazil to win

Guest wnasar

sad to see argentina lose, they shoulda won, dumb substitutions killed them.

My predictions for the rest of matches:

Italy wins easily against ukraine.

Brazil beats france

and england loses to portugal (not sure about this one) :\

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

of course i am right, with all the scandals though involving juventus etc.

germany might actually lose, after they beat italy to get into finals.

put it this way:

Brazil vs. France the ref is from spain. France beat spain and also beat them at Euro as well......

Eng vs. Portugal ref is from ARgentina. Arg just got eliminated and Eng hate Arg.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

Italy won't win. Germany will win it all, unless they want to play fair int he final game.

Or if Brazil get screwed there will be no other team that can beat germany.

Guest dayne67

I have to go with France. They will beat Brazil on Saturday (again). Zidane and Barthez still enough gas in their tanks to lead them to another World Cup.

Guest silverjelly86

I knew Portugal was going to win. Ricardo was sick in the shoot-out. He read every shot. Poor Becks. Having to watch his team cr@p out of the quarters.

Guest GundamDX

WHAT DID I TELL YOU KIDS??? j/k

England looked soooo deflated in the shoot-out heh heh

Free pop and free burger for me yeaaaah

Guest silverjelly86

Yeah, England's shots were definitely not great. Not terrible, but not great. I think they totally psyched themselves out of it.

Guest noncestvrai

Ricardo is among the best keepers for penalties...and it showed.

Although there is no doubt that Brazil has more talent than France, I don't want them to win the Cup...

Allez le Bleus! 2-1

noncestvrai

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Damnit. In the morning I was cheering England losing, and then Brasil lost. Stupid karma.

Now, Italy and Germany - Germany'll win for sure. Not even a contest.

Portugal and France? France by a hair. Although if Portugal manage to attack like they did today, they might just take it - given they have two people coming back for that game.

And Germany for the cup. I don't think France or any other team left can stop them. Their defence is impeccable and their offence is well organized and will tear apart any chances that it gets. I guess the curse of no team from outside Europe winning in Europe still stands.

And my god did you see when Rooney stepped on that guy's ... ahem ... bits and pieces? Thats a two game suspension right there!

Guest scooter

I thought the ref wasn't suppose to be from the same continent as well as country... too close for assasination attempts, some people take the game pretty seriously...

Guest wnasar

man ... brazil lost :eek . oh well, its all carlos alberto's fault, hes the dumbest coach ever, plays the old guyz when he has younger and better guyz. Ronaldo should not start, its robinho's time but hes too dumb to see that. oh well.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

henry looked offside, england got screwed, so many uncalled pks with the handball etc.

portugal played like a bunch of cowards.

i have no respect for the frogs either. I think zidane should enjoy his last moment while he can.

i am glad i took a last moment bet on portugal because of the argentine ref. However, those winnings were lost on brazil :( ...doesn't matter i have german going all the way.

all euro semi final. what can i say, let the stupid frogs have their day, they will lose eventually. if the frogs hoist the cup, the victory is tainted. Germany all the way.

Guest noncestvrai

Yeah, I'm jumping on my self-induced band wagon! Allez les Bleus...Zizou well is Zizou once more, maybe a last drive to the Cup for this remarquable player, and undoubtedly the heart of the French team, playing almost flawlessly on defense...

Both semis will be great contests IMHO.

My picks (only for fun): France (2-1) and Italy (1-0)

Cup Winner: Les Bleus! (1-0)

noncestvrai

Guest studentz

I think Germany will beat Italy, but I want Italy to win--the supporters are WAY more fun, esp. in St. Clair W in Toronto.

I haven't been a fan of Portugal's play thus far and France played as though it was 98 again. I think France takes that if Zizou plays like he did today.

Germany seems to be the only side left with the drive to put teams away; every other team seems content to (stupidly) sit idle with a 1-0 lead. Though I can't stand the team, if I was putting money down it would be for Germany.

Archived