Premed 101 Forums

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup Thread

Guest superstorecanadian

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dayne67

England choked as usual. They have run out of excuses - as this was supposedly their last chance to get it done. Yet, they failed - and once again lost out on penalty kicks at the end.

I predicted France would win it all right after they got into the 2nd round. Everyone thought that they were washed up - but they sure did outplay Brazil.

Brazil may have more talent in their line-up. They could probably put two World Cup calibre teams together if they were allowed. But more talent doesn't always translate into victory.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Le pauvre ame qui s'est chier les pantolons a caue du victoire des 'grenouilles.' Bien sure c'est toujours la faute des officials, quand votre equipe n'avance pas!:b

Allez les bleus! Bien jouer.

Guest MrNeuroscience

Something tells me you will both be eating your words...

Quelque chose me dit que vous ferez les deux est manger vos mots...

I predict a floor-mopping by Germany... just a prediction, and God (and The Queen) knows I've been wrong with those before!

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

well i guess that's a couple thousand dollars gone, what's a couple thousand..nothing. Doesn't matter I am not always right anyways.

i'm glad they had fair play being allowed this time.

Guest MrNeuroscience

Alright, I just don't know what to believe anymore...

But here I am eating my words... as usual...

I only hope that Portugal doesn't win...

Guest noncestvrai

Great game, great goals, great win. Sorry for our future maxillofacial surgeon...but as I predicted ;)

Tomorrow, les Bleus!

Allez les Bleus, on va gagner!

Also just for the sake of fair play, I don't want to see Portugal's divers in the final...

noncestvrai

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

as u predict, ok i listen to you. i can't find any homeless person in dallas atm to give my money to as promised, so i will take the money i would have given up and bet on the french.

I bet 2000 for tie game after 90 minutes. French sudden death win for another 1000 and 500 for 1-0 French victory.

I hope you are right....let's see how good these Blues really are.

Guest superstorecanadian

wow..

I don't think anyone predicted Italy would beat Germany to go on to the Finals. I'm glad that this was in retrospect..a fair game (the second goal was great :)

Where I live...almost everyone is going crazy and waving their Italian Flags including the elderly generation!

Here's to a great Final!

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

noncestvrai,

I switched the 2000 before zidane took the pk and shifted it to the 1-0 french victory, although, i had lost about 300 due to dropped stock, french win 1000 and the 500 + 1700 in 1-0 victory = $$$$

So 10% of that winnings was about 500 bucks, so I shall donate $500 to charity in your name :) I'm serious :)

The folks at the hospital that i work at will be thrilled :)

Guest dayne67

As I (and fellow France fans and bandwagon jumpers) predicted, France would beat Portugal and go to the final. Well, they did it again. Zidane was superb and was clutch with that penalty kick. Great players make big time plays. They don't choke.

And just as 98, France will be victorious at the end.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Good on the French! The Portuguese are a bunch of whiny, spoiled dive (and choke) artists anyway! It's nice to see good, solid foosball rewarded with these semifinal results (ie: shootouts = @#%$). I'm picking the frogs in the final!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest GundamDX

France made me lose a McD fries this time! :evil I am gonna get it back from the final. 3 burgers and a happy meal on Italy :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Guest treehuggingbiologist
spoiled dive (and choke) artists

Yeah - but you gotta admit that when Henry fell, there was a distinct delay between him falling, and then him flailing his arms around. He was fouled, but he also exaggerated it.

But the Portuguese - and Cristiano Ronaldo in particular - did dive a lot in the previous round. But that bit them in the ass in this game as the refs thought twice before giving any free kicks or cards.

The one thing I thought was amusing was at the last minute where Portugal brought everyone up into the box - including their keeper. That was pretty funny.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I admit to not seeing the Portugese play until the quarter final. After watching them dive and cry for just 15 minutes I was instantly rooting for them to loose. Even if the French victory goal was on a controversial call, I agree there's no way they can complain after their performances.

I've finally offically hung my giant France'98 Champions du Monde flag in the front window. Gotta make up for all the crazy Italian fans here in Calgary. Allez les blues!

Guest GundamDX

2 burgers, 1 happy meal, 10 hash browns on Italy. At least by 1 goal >: Zidane is going down; down I tell you. So is Henry >: >: >: >: >:

Guest TheShrink

Italy wins! It was an amazing game to say the least. Zidane's world cup career is over, he will definately be missed.

Till FIFA 2010~

Archived