Premed 101 Forums

E-mail to waitlistees?

Guest Asystole

Guest Asystole

I don't know if waitlistee is an actual word but however...

I am on the waitlist and today I received an e-mail from Leslie Taylor at U of T regarding immunizations. The first line reads "To the Faculty of Medicine, Class of 2006".

Did anyone else get the same e-mail? Is this a good sign or are they just taunting me? Naturally I got it on Friday after business hours so I have all weekend to read to much into it. Let me know.

Still waiting

i am a waitlisted applicant as well....i did not get any email like you mention...that is making me depressed...please post if you know more about it...thanks...r

Guest Asystole

Sorry, I did not mean to depress anyone. Actually I was really expecting that everyone would reply that they also received the same e-mail, especially after I saw JJ's post. I think this is going to be a very long weekend! Thanks for posting btw, I appreciate it. After I posted it I started thinking that only people who got it would bother to post. Good luck all.

Guest Asystole

Here is the text of the message:

To the Faculty of Medicine, Class of 2006:

We are writing to clarify an issue related to immunisation requirements

for entry to the first year of the M.D. program. Conjugate Menigococcal

C Immunisation is highly recommended, but is not required for entry to

the first year of the MD program.

It is not necessary to respond to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Leslie Taylor,

Admissions Officer

Why I didn't think to cut and paste this the first message I don't know. So there it is make of it what you will. Asystole

Guest The Fox Rox

Hi,

I recieved the same email as well. I am not going to read into it at all. I guess we will all find out next week anyways. I feel the email could have been a mistake. I would not worry about it if I did not get it. Well, it will be clear next week.

Btw, if they could email this, why cant they just email us all and let us know if we got in or got. Argghhhh.

Guest maxell

"My exprience" was actually my sister's who received an email from the Calgary rural medicine residency program informing her (along with other residents) of an upcoming schedule (or something to that effect) prior to her receiving an acceptance in the mail for that program. She was also short-listed at the time and didn't know what to make of it when she read it.

I described it as "my experience" because I did not what to elaborate on details. She told me what she thought that email from the UofT might mean, so I posted the comment.

I am just trying to kill time here so I occasionally post my opinions. I don't want to discourage others or put false hope in others, I am simply expressing my own opinions, so please excuse me if you think I have misled you or my comments are irrelevant.

Guest Pop 999

Hi,

I don't know if this info is of any help.

I called down to the office on thursday to inquire about the vaccine.

The admin. officer did say that she is entering the emails by hand... so there could be an error?

But in anycase, I hope it is a sign of good things to come for you guys!!

Hope to see you in sept!

Pop

Guest Asystole

Well I still don't know what to think.

Thanks for the input Maxell. One of the reasons that I thought it might be a positive sign was because it immediately reminded me of something that happened this year at Queen's. There was some kind of mix-up and a number of people received residence info just prior to receiving their acceptances (the day before or something).

Time will tell I guess

Asystole,

I got accepted this summer and I have some news. I'm not 100% certain because I'm not on the admissions committee, but that email is a very good sign. They sent out some additional acceptances during the middle of this week and that email you got is sent to ALL students who have been offered acceptance . . . including those that already rejected UofT. You're likely to receive a letter on Monday or Tuesday. Please don't ask me how I know!

Guest aneliz

PT- I hate to disagree with your theory but:

I was accepted to UofT in round one and rejected them before the June 14 deadline. I received no vaccination e-mail....

Hey asystole and fox that rox...

I also got the email, so I phoned home today just to see if anything came.

My mom ran to the post-box because she forgot to go yesterday, and low and behold, there was an Acceptance letter from U of T!!!!!!

I cant believe it!!! I am so happy!!

So the letter got there (mississauga) in two days....

hope this helps guys,

I'm sure it will be good news!!!

Guest need info

jj, congratulations! What was the post-mark date?

If I'm not mistaken, you also got accepted at U of O? If so, where are you going to go?

To tell you the truth, I am not sure what was the post-mark date. The actual letter was dated June 19th, It got to my parents house on the 21st. So I assume that they put it in the mail on the 19th, went through the mail on the 20th, and arrived 21st. This is how long it usually takes for a toronto envelope to reach my house in the mississaug's.

As for other details, I don't really know because I haven't read the letter myself. I just blanked out when my mother started reading it to me over the phone.

It did say that it was conditional on the basis that I finish my masters before August 1st. Which is not a problem.

As for U of O, even though I love U of O, would love to live in a bilingual city, and I feel the program is a better fit for me, for financial reasons, it just doesn't make sense to go. Also, My family and friends (and dog) are all in T.O. So I will decline U of O, and accept U of T.

Guest JSS02

I'm also in Mississauga but received nothing (letter, e-mail) yesterday. So unless they're planning to send out more acceptances before July, it looks like I'll end up at Western (which I'm cool with). Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted, and good luck to everyone that's still waiting.

Guest Asystole

As Monty Burns would say "Exxxxcellent!!"

Thanks for the info. PT and JJ. I'm getting pretty pumped now. I not never thought I would say this but...

I can't wait for Monday. I can't relax until I see it with my own eyes. Thanks again.

Guest Asystole

Congratulations JJ, boy am I jealous of your mail service.

It must be great, enjoy yourself and I'll let you know what happens.

Guest OT6or at least I hope

I was offered admission to U of T in the first round and I received no email from Leslie Taylor. Now I'm worried that maybe they didn't receive the documentation I mailed confirming my acceptance of their offer of admission. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

Guest The Fox Rox

Hello,

I recieved the email about immunization on friday, without getting a letter of acceptance (as I was on the waitlist). However, because of the confusion that ensued in my head, I emailed Ms. Taylor, requesting for clarification.

She emailed me back this morning, and heres what she said: An offer letter was mailed to *******. You should get it

very soon. Congratualtions.

So, I guess it is good news for people who got the email, but have not recieved an acceptance letter yet. SInce I am from Calgary, I still have not recieved the letter. I will probably get it later in the week.

For people who are still on the waiting list, I am sure the bulk of the acceptances off the waiting list will be sent out after the July 3rd deadline for people who were already accepted. So there are still many opportunities for an acceptance to come through. I will be rooting for yawl. Good luck.

Guest The Fox Rox

Well, thats a tough question. I think U of A is my first choice - but they are probably not going to let the applicants know about their status for another two weeks. I have gotten into U of C and U of T. Its going to be tough decision, which will depend mostly on wether I can afford it - if money was not in the question I would pick U of T without doubt.

Guest Asystole

I can't explain how great it was to get accepted to med school this morning. I resigned myself to not getting in this year when I got waitlisted until I got that e-mail on Friday. Still can't believe it, and I'm just glad to get off the emotional roller-coaster especially on such a high note. If anyone is interested I will post my stats/info under Ian's list at the top of the page in a bit.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, especially those without other acceptances.

Acutely Ecstatic in London,

Asystole

Archived