Premed 101 Forums

Advice

I have a low cGPA, but 3.8 in 4th year.

So I figure that my only real shot is at schools that will consider 2 years:

UWO, Queens, Dalhousie

I need to do an extra year of classes, as a non-degree student, to give me a 2nd strong year.

Okay! So, make sure you really understand the UWO rules around doing a 5th year. There's loads of info on the UWO forum; in addition to the pdf on the UWO meds admissions site.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if I wasn't already working on one degree and getting ready for another, I'd be doing my yoga instructor training. As such, you could come to my yoga class, hehe! ;)

Find out what you need to make sure you're not repeating classes. Do a search on here for distance ed pre-reqs. Both UW and Athabasca may offer what you need. What med schools are you applying to? Although you may have mentioned this, if you already have the pre-reqs (from engineering), what are you planning to use those 2nd year science courses for (a 5th year)?

Good luck :)

You are doing yoga now as well! Halcyon is one busy person :)

I have a low cGPA, but 3.8 in 4th year.

So I figure that my only real shot is at schools that will consider 2 years:

UWO, Queens, Dalhousie

I need to do an extra year of classes, as a non-degree student, to give me a 2nd strong year.

UofC also looks at your 2 best years and UofA will drop your worst 30 credits out of 120, so they are also options.

I hope to find other people who have went back and taken lower level courses, not so much because I am embarassed (well a little bit of that too :) ) but also, if no one does that, it could be an indication that it is not a good idea.

Read through the 'The Second Degree Crew' thread. There are lots of us on there who are working on second degrees.

You are doing yoga now as well! Halcyon is one busy person :)

Now…as in since 2001. ;)

(Probably not surprising though considering my religious orientation, hehe!)

I would love to do my yoga teacher-training though; it's on my 'to-do' list. Haven't been able to fit that in my schedule (yet).

Now…as in since 2001. ;)

(Probably not surprising though considering my religious orientation, hehe!)

I would love to do my yoga teacher-training though; it's on my 'to-do' list. Haven't been able to fit that in my schedule (yet).

I suppose not, but it is still one extra contribution to the overall awesomeness :)

bsm - let us know what you decide to do. I would also not suggest repeating anything, not really a good idea.

best of luck!

Archived