Premed 101 Forums

U of A Medicine booth at Open House; Taste of Medicine event

I would like to advertise 2 upcoming opportunities to learn more about U of A med.

1) U of A Open House: Saturday, Oct. 3, from 9 am to 4 pm in the Butterdome (the big yellow building with the indoor track, across the intersection from the hospital). We will have a Medicine booth set up and will hand out some info packages about the admissions process. You will have lots of opportunities to ask us questions. High school students welcome, so please advertise this to your younger siblings and friends! There will also be 2 intro presentations in Katz, I will let you know when/where exactly as soon as I have the details.

2) Taste of Medicine event: Tuesday, Oct. 13 (right after Thanksgiving holiday), 6:45 to 9 pm, Katz 1080 (the med student lecture hall). Tentative schedule includes speeches by the 3 Deans (inc. Dean of Admissions) and current medical students until about 8 pm, followed by free refreshments (this includes food, although I am not sure what kind exactly at this point, someone else is organizing that) and an opportunity to mingle with other potential applicants and ask us questions in an informal setting for another hour or so.

For those of you in science classes, my colleagues and I will be crashing your lectures to promote Taste of Medicine over the next 2 weeks, so keep an eye out for us.

IMPORTANT - you MUST RSVP for Taste of Medicine since we need to determine the amount of food and drinks we will be ordering. Please RSVP to uofaMDambassadors(at)gmail(dot)com. We would prefer that you RSVPed by Thursday, Oct. 8; however, if you smack yourself on the forehead on the morning of the 13th because you realized you forgot to RSVP, you are still welcome to attend, just make sure you e-mail us as soon as you remember (due to the food issue).

If you have any questions, post here.

Unfortunately not - we are not expecting any Powerpoint presentations and we are not planning to record the talks. However, most of the information covered in the official talks is on the U of A UME website, anyway. Of course, when it comes to specific burning questions, you'll get a chance to ask us questions at the interviews.

Archived