Premed 101 Forums

Interview invitation and admission offer dates

Hello everyone,

I am planning on volunteering abroad till the end of of next summer. I need to know when interviews for Ontario schools are (e.g. late March- mid February) so I can start contacting different organizations and choose my flight dates and stuff.

It'd also be great if anyone can tell me when the offers of admission are sent out for these schools too.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I am planning on volunteering abroad till the end of of next summer. I need to know when interviews for Ontario schools are (e.g. late March- mid February) so I can start contacting different organizations and choose my flight dates and stuff.

It'd also be great if anyone can tell me when the offers of admission are sent out for these schools too.

Cheers

hmmm, I don't think anyone can be that specific yet (?), as I am not sure the schools have even decided yet (or at least completely decided). They don't officially announce anything for a bit, although you do have the range down. Your are probably stuck calling the schools to see if you can learn anything, but I won't be surprised if they just can't say anything yet. I am in the western office on Monday, I'll see what they say.

Are these volunteer positions out of country? Sounds interesting!

Thanks so much! I'd really appreciate any info. Do schools usually post this info on their websites around late December-early January?

There's actually a lot of volunteer positions abroad if you look around. There are many organizations out there that can help you find volunteer positions in Africa, Southeast Asia and South America. However, I'm going back to my home country to volunteer with some doctors in orphanages there. I'll be able to get much more better clinical exposure there than in Canada. A friend I know volunteered there, and the doctors sometimes supervised him while he took patient history, gave intragluteal injections and such. Should be pretty interesting.

Anyway, I'll try to call some of the schools on Monday and see if they can tell me when they'll be posting information regarding interview or admission offer dates.

Archived