Premed 101 Forums

why so personal?

Anyone know why Alberta likes to get up all in your business?

I don't get why they ask which other schools you are applying to or where your parents live (nevermind asking where each one lives if they do not live together.......wtf?)

Isn't asking for all the pre-reqs enough for them, now they gotto get their stalker routine on......not cool

The reason they ask is to identify rural applicants and keep stats on low SES applicants.

SES?

well they ask about where an applicant has lived their entire life as well. Not sure where the parents info comes into play. Just seemed odd.

I don't get why they ask which other schools you are applying to or where your parents live (nevermind asking where each one lives if they do not live together.......wtf?)

Which section of the application is this being asked? I can't seem to find it but I do remember filing it out

Socioeconomic status.

I wonder if my chances of getting in would be higher if my parents lived in a posh area.

If it's about rural status, I wonder if I should put where my father grew up rather than where they live right now. He use to live in a rural area and then they moved to the 'city' to raise us. But,we still spent every summer on the farm... I have an interest in rural medicine, but I don't quite fall into U of A's rural status...

I wonder if my chances of getting in would be higher if my parents lived in a posh area.

If it's about rural status, I wonder if I should put where my father grew up rather than where they live right now. He use to live in a rural area and then they moved to the 'city' to raise us. But,we still spent every summer on the farm... I have an interest in rural medicine, but I don't quite fall into U of A's rural status...

thats something you may want to add under 'additional requirements'...just make sure u explain your interest in rural medicine..

Archived