Premed 101 Forums

Mock(ing) Interviews - a bit of fun

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Guest RoseSmurfette
Tell us about the book you're currently reading.

Well, I'm reading this brilliant book by this German leader named Adolf. It's called Mien Kampf. I think he had some really good ideas about how to run a country. Like, I mean, I dunno much about running a country, but after reading parts of his book, I'm starting to understand, see. So, it's taught me great leadership skills. *Grins* And it's really taught me to understand people - and you know, sympathy is so important to becoming a doctor.

Q: What do you think is the greatest health issue facing Canada today and what do you think is the best way to go about fixing it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iownhonda

Q: How many times do I have to tell you? Do not record this interview with your voice recorder!!!

A: Yes, I do have a voice recorder in my hand, indeed.

Guest kacgal

Q: What do you think is the greatest health issue facing Canada today and what do you think is the best way to go about fixing it?

A: I think the greatest health issue is the baby boomers. They outnumber the rest of us and they are getting older. As they age, they get sick and cost Canada tons of money. I think we should prevent them from aging. Once they reach 70 they should just be extinguished.

Q: What do you think about politicians crossing the floor to be appointed as cabinet ministers?

Guest DimitriTheDr
Q: What do you think about politicians crossing the floor to be appointed as cabinet ministers?

My Auntie Belinda once explained to me how hard a politician's life is: They're always having to go to Toronto for debates in the common house and stuff and they don't get much time off. Also, she said her pay wasn't that good. I think if a politician really wants power they should be given some...so if one has to change teams then i say go for it. Auntie Belinda has a lot of money too, like me, so she could really help people. So, in conclusion, i guess it's OK but only under certain circumstances.

Q: A friend of mine always says we need more doctors as leaders in the community. What do you think about this?

Guest Jerika81
A friend of mine always says we need more doctors as leaders in the community. What do you think about this?

A: Oh yeah...I totally agree. I mean, doctors are definitely the only people who can lead communities. Speaking of friends...a "friend" of mine says it burns when she pees. What do you think about that?

next Q: If you could be any kitchen utensil, which one would you be and why?

Guest DancingDoc

(A) A knife. I like to cut things.

*nervous look from interviewer* Well.... surgery for you maybe... heh heh...

(Q) Other interviewer (wanting to change the subject): What do you feel are the most important qualities that a good doctor should have?

Guest mg83

(Q) Other interviewer (wanting to change the subject): What do you feel are the most important qualities that a good doctor should have?

A: That's easy...money :D Rich doctors = good doctors... and i plan on being the best

Q: If the avian flu hit your city and health care professionals were dropping like flies (40% mortality rate) and they asked med students to work triage in ER due to staff shortages, would you volunteer?

Guest treehuggingbiologist
Q: If the avian flu hit your city and health care professionals were dropping like flies (40% mortality rate) and they asked med students to work triage in ER due to staff shortages, would you volunteer?

Wait, so the world is going the way of Resident Evil and scary zombie movies? If people are turning into flies and dropping then we have bigger problems than triangles in the ER! We have to focus on those who aren't infected by the bird zombie flu virus and save those who aren't already dead or dying! (applicant smiles, knowing that they have demonstrated knowledge of the bigger picture)

Q: How do you feel you did in this interview?

Guest scooter
Q: How do you feel you did in this interview?

Smiling, I believe I did the best i could given the circumstances. I am afraid that your interviewing skills are not that impressive. You asked very obvious questions and did not allow me to properly show you the extent of my perfection for this school. I mean you didn't even ask me to define your schools goals, they are important and so I spent my hospital volunteering time memorizing them instead of talking with the smelly old people. I mean, why don't they just take a bloody bath by themselves- why do I have to help them.

Interviewer: It says here you were working in the Coma department...

Interviewee: Nah, like some of them were clearly like sick and sh** but some didn't even have tubes coming out of them, those guys were just be lazy and just slept ALL day. I bet you anything at night when no one is looking they totally get up and party!!!

(pats self on back, showed ability to be critical and included talking about medical volunteer stuff AND about how I am keen on your specific school).:b Also, about medical knowledge and a need for patients to take responsibility for their health.

Follow-up question from 2nd year med student who is now sobbing in a pool on the floor (doesn't do well with critisism)

"what was the most valuable thing that you can take away from your volunteering 3 days, 7 years ago with children with learning disabilities?"

Guest Lurkergonepublic
what was the most valuable thing that you can take away from your volunteering 3 days, 7 years ago with children with learning disabilities?

Huh? What are you talking about? Oh, that must be one of the things my mom put on there for me. I think she means that time I drove my little brother to fat camp, and stayed for a day to keep the little pudgies from getting into the kitchen during exercises. Sneaky little guys those fat kids are, eh?

Q: Do you have any questions for us?

Guest 6Lemieux6

Q: Do you have any questions for us?

Totally dudes...do you wanna smoke this spliff with me?

Next question (as the joint is passed around the table): Tell us about a time you took a leadership role?

Guest DimitriTheDr
Tell us about a time you took a leadership role?

Ummm, to be honest i'm not that kinky so i let my significant other lead..rraaaawwwwrr! (wink!)

Question: You're a resident. You treat a patient late at night and then go get some rest. When you awake, you realise you gave the wrong treatment and the patient has died. What do you do? Do you continue in the medical profession?

Guest northerndoc

Ahh... roll over... what is one patient in the grand scheme of things. This world is over populated as it is!! They should have given me a prize for getting rid of one more mouth to feed, one more person consuming oxygen, one more drain on healthcare economics. Guess I should be an extra bit of green from the Mr. Johnson the funeral home director.. good thing no one is noticing how I am pushing that extra bit of business his way.

Question: If you could save, change or alter the world in one way in one days what would you do?

Archived