Premed 101 Forums

Condos on Proudfoot

Guest currentlybored

Guest currentlybored

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what everybody thought of the condos on Proudfoot. They haven't really been mentioned much on this board. I'm currently looking into 600 Proudfoot, Platts Lane (which I realize is not on Proudfoot), Forest Hill, Horizon and Pineridge.

Also, how does everybody go about searching for places? Do you just walk into the building and as to see the super?

See you in the fall!

Dave

Guest makdaddy08

Proudfoot condos are fairly nice and in decent shape. Not quite luxury, but definitely well above average, way better than most student living. They're not cheap though, they go probably around $750-$800 for a 1 bdrm. Another good thing about them is a lot of med students tend to live around there. Easy to carpool and stuff.

Overall, not a bad place to live if you dont mind spending the $.

Hey,

I signed a lease for a 1 bedroom apt near Wharncliffe/Oxford. I'm not sure if there are any apts left, but you can check it out at www.unilettingsonline.com.

One of my main concerns was a good landlord. If he/she seems like a good person (not always easy to tell) and not some sort of swindler, than its a pretty good bet the place has been kept well.

Dan

Guest Steve U of T

Hey Dan, I just came across the website for 305 Wharncliffe. It seems like a good building, but one of my first concerns was how near it is to the train tracks. Do you think noise might be a problem? Is there double pane glass or anything like that?

Interms of the windows, I'm not sure. I actually lived out by Sarnia/Wonderland last year about the same distance from the tracks. I didnt find train noise an issue, and 305 has a few buildings between it and them. On the other hand, I'm also a heavy sleeper. ;)

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Yeah, the railway line running right smack through the middle of London is a pretty busy line with multiple trains at all hours of the night. Hope that it doesn't keep you awake too much!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived