Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Week?

Guest Platinum84

Guest Platinum84

Hey,

Just wondering what orientation week is like. I believe it begins on Aug 31st but classes don't start until Sept 6th.

Is it similar to undergrad "Frosh week"? I'm not much of a partier or drinker and just wanted a heads up about what to expect.

Hope it's fun :)

Guest Steve U of T

I've heard rumours about a boat race. If true, that would classify as "drinking and partying", although I imagine there will be lots of dry events. I'm really anxious to receive the registration package and find out the details (although I somehow doubt the boat race would be listed there). Should I be training?

Guest makdaddy08

It'll be great guys. Without giving away too much info, we'll be having a great mix of dry and drinking events. House parties, bars, sports, movies, a formal, beach day, stuff like that. It'll honestly be a really good time for everyone. I enjoyed my O-Week a lot last year and I am not much of a drinker either.

Guest UWOMED2005

Yes, you're doing O-week with a bunch of medical students. :)

Some will drink a lot. Well, at least until Dr. Garcia from Pathology pulls out the liver pathology slides on day 3 of classes.

Many others will have a beer with dinner, or drink not at all. Don't skip events just because others are drinking - you won't feel uncomfortable, and it's sometimes fun to watch others embarass themselves. ;)

Guest LK MD

Yeah, definitely don't skip events if you're not a drinker. I'm sure I'll be entertaining by embarassing myself. Steve U of T, if you're looking for a training partner, let me know...lol

Archived