Premed 101 Forums

caRMs: Match day count down

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IwantRadiology

WOW! 480 read this post, but only 2 people posted here! I wonder how many people ended up ranking radiology as first choice!

Less than 5 days for CaRMS match day!!! The wait is almost over! Good luck everyone!

Like I said, rads is a wicked gig. I wish I had thought of it when I applied to CaRMS. There's no chance that I'd be able to get a rads spot now because I'm not a superstar, I'm abrasive, and I refuse to be roped into a return of service agreement. I also don't want to move from a good province to one I don't like. Can't have it all, I guess. I just wish I knew what it took to be a total rads baller.

What program did u apply ? If you don't mind! I am sure there always way to get into radiology.. The transfer is much easier to radiology b/c of high demand.. Not that is easy but easier than other specialties ( ophtho.. ENT).. Good luck on Monday!

Guest IwantRadiology

Yeah! I know that there are people how transferred to radiology from internal medicine. I heard that as long ad you are in a 5 year program, it's possible to transfer after first year of residency. I also know that there are retraining positions for people who already have finished residency (mostly ER and family MD).

Sara, what rads program did you end up ranking first? You should start a CaRMS Rads 2010 facebook page, there would be more participation.

I rather answer ur qs on Monday after the match.. There are poeple who know me in personal level in the forume so I rather do not say anything till the match is all over.. People can do strange things! Lol..so does this CaRMS Rads 2010 exist? Or you are suggesting I should getting it going?

Cheers

sarakj

Guest IwantRadiology
You should start a CaRMS Rads 2010 facebook page, there would be more participation.

I don't know if that would work! So far, this post has been read more than 700times, but less than 7 people posted here. I think enough people are aware of the premed 101 website, but they tend not to post here for some reason!

Countdown 4 days - 7 hours till match!!!

I found that people are not as active as used to be! It is kind of sad! Last yr 85 people ranked radiology first .. Have to see how this number changes this yr..

Good luck.If those were the numbers last year, with only 85 people ranking rads....than the numbers aren't bad at all....aren't there around 80 spots?

I was told last year was competitive too, but with only 85 ranking it first, it seems the overwhelming majority must have gotten a spot in radiology.

So good luck.

Archived