Premed 101 Forums

@whatittakes

This is what i got in my email

This year the GPA cut off for interviews was approximately 3.72/4.0 for Physiotherapy .

We invite you to be on our standby list for interviews. We will contact you as interview positions come available based on your ranking.

Don't lose hope. I'm sure that those with GPAs lower than the cutoff will get an interview invite as those from out West and East decline their interviews. If your GPA is anywhere close to 3.72 then I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a spot opens up for you.

3.8 you think for western..?

Nuts

Although I do think there will be a lot of wait-list movement because the requirements are similar for the 4 Ontario schools. So say if you're in the top 3-- by U of T's ranking, at the end of it all, won't you probably get one of the ~300 seats in Ontario? Especially considering there are out of province applicants in the top 300 who may prefer to study at home.

I think it depends on how long the waitlists are. I was under the impression that, for UofT or example, they would give an offer to the top 85 applicants, waitlist the next 85, and reject the rest. Of course, I could be wrong. I'm curious as to what happens if the waitlists finish but there's still spots open.

Does anyone know if there are any internal scholarship/bursary opportunities for the PT programs offered by Ontario schools?

The school websites are next to useless and I think I've been blacklisted cause they never email me back.

The only scholarship opportunity that I came across was the OGS. But for that you have to apply well in advance (deadline for Sept 2011 is Nov 2010). You may be able to get it for 2nd year though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont' quote me but I don't think professional masters (OT,PT,MPH, nursing masters) qualify for OGS... The asumption is you already have a career or you will get one as soon as you graduate...

U of T was never big on scholarships anyways. I'm pretty sure you could have gotten a 95 in high school and not get an undergrad scholarship. So for masters, I think unless you got some crazy good marks or great research experience, it's not likely for an internal scholarship for a professional masters

Dont' quote me but I don't think professional masters (OT,PT,MPH, nursing masters) qualify for OGS... The asumption is you already have a career or you will get one as soon as you graduate...

They do qualify, but I don't know how common it is to get OGS in those programs. I know of at least 1 OT student who definitely got OGS. I also had profs who knew I was applying to PT tell me to apply for OGS.

Hey.. sorry I never replied!

But Rasta - I work in a job that deals with a lot of PTs and OTs and sell a lot of stuff used by PTs and OTs. I generally work with them on a daily basis. And the people that come into the place I work are looking for bracing or things that have been prescribed by PTs. I was also a dancer for many years and have learned very well how the body works, and was a nursing student for a year and a half so I know my anatomy and physiology lol.

And I've been a PT patient many times and have watched and learned some of the things they do. I know a lot about Tens machines (sell those), ultrasounds, taping etc. I don't know if any of those things will help me out... but I'm hoping it was good enough to get into Queen's. My references were from people who know me very well and should have been good.

Good luck to everyone though.. such an awesome career to get into!

Archived