Premed 101 Forums

Counting down May 14 OFFICIAL THREAD

I heard the reason they release on the same day is so that everyone has an equal chance for all offers.If UBC released first then the cream would go there and not to another school. Also, if UBC is the only school you had interview for , then your odds of getting in would be worse if you weren't the "cream".

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard the reason they release on the same day is so that everyone has an equal chance for all offers.If UBC released first then the cream would go there and not to another school. Also, if UBC is the only school you had interview for , then your odds of getting in would be worse if you weren't the "cream".

I've heard this too. But why not just tell everyone the decision and then not let them accept or decline till May 14th?

I really should be studying for my exams, like really. I still have one on Monday and Friday. Yet I feel so anxious about May 14th. I do have plans for both acceptance and rejection but not knowing is just so painful.

AHHHH :(

Just leave it to what's meant to happen -- I know its hard it really is! I was put on the waitlist for 8 days...THAT was hard...killer...

just keep hanging in there its all worth it in the end

Yes, this would make sense if all the schools released their decisions on the same day.....but they don't.

Dal people have known since mid March and the McGill people find out May 7th. Even Ontario schools are May 13th and not May 14th....so it seems they're just doing it in conjunction with the schools out west (U of A, U of C, etc.).

But hey, I'd rather good news on any day than bad news a few weeks earlier, so I shouldn't be complaining.

Good luck everyone!!!

Yes, this would make sense if all the schools released their decisions on the same day.....but they don't.

Dal people have known since mid March and the McGill people find out May 7th. Even Ontario schools are May 13th and not May 14th....so it seems they're just doing it in conjunction with the schools out west (U of A, U of C, etc.).

But hey, I'd rather good news on any day than bad news a few weeks earlier, so I shouldn't be complaining.

Good luck everyone!!!

are you out of province star1234?

I'm way more scared than I was last year. Last year I felt ready to find out, this year I am super worried about being rejected, way more than last year......maybe because I know how much it sucks? Not sure but I am dreading reading the subject line, as they seem to get right to the point these days whereas last year at least I had to read it to find out!

I'm way more scared than I was last year. Last year I felt ready to find out, this year I am super worried about being rejected, way more than last year......maybe because I know how much it sucks? Not sure but I am dreading reading the subject line, as they seem to get right to the point these days whereas last year at least I had to read it to find out!

+1

The thought of me having to take another year off makes me ill :(

+1

The thought of me having to take another year off makes me ill :(

Ditto. The anxiety is certainly escalating and I'm trying not to be as annoying to my spouse as this time last year, but my "crazy" is starting to show. OK, gotta go, I need more cookies.

Archived